For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

I'm stating mods in general do not add value dollar for dollar.

A $300 panhard bracket from she doesn't add $300

My dvs bumper and winch don't add $4000 in value to my land cruiser.
They're not mall mods. Or useless.

I'm not new to modified rigs, wheeling, camping, or buying used vehicles.

A rig with a ton in modifications and a complete disregard for maintenance is a massive red flag.
It doesn't have a disregard for maintenence. I never said the mods are dollar for dollar. They never are, there are just a ton of good mods on this truck. I figured that would ruffle some feathers.

Better make sure and not buy it then lol.

It doesn't have a disregard for maintenence. I never said the mods are dollar for dollar. They never are, there are just a ton of good mods on this truck. I figured that would ruffle some feathers.

Better make sure and not buy it then lol.

Leaking every single fluid known to man is a lack of maintenance

And I'm not buying it. I have a low mile diesel land cruiser.

This fully restored, 1995, triple locked 80 just sold on BaT for $93,500. And that doesn’t include the %5 dealer fee.
I did not read the BAT description of the ‘95 80 as being fully restored. I understand that 80 was a one-owner, 59,000 mile time capsule. I believe the vehicle was original with the exception of some dry-ice blasting of the undercarriage and replacement of hoses and plugs. The paint (see paint meter readings in photos), interior, etc. are all original.

I did not read the BAT description of the ‘95 80 as being fully restored. I understand that 80 was a one-owner, 59,000 mile time capsule. I believe the vehicle was original with the exception of some dry-ice blasting of the undercarriage and replacement of hoses and plugs. The paint (see paint meter readings in photos), interior, etc. are all original.

It's weird Carfax says 1 owner... But the owner bought it in 98

My mistake, a better term would probably be “All original”, assuming they used all OEM for the parts that needed replacing.

Wish I was smart enough to know this thread existed when I sold my 97 LX!

Is it just me or have 80 prices dropped significantly and 1st gen Tacomas and 3rd gen 4Runners caught up in price? I’ve recently noticed 1st gen Tacomas going for 15-20k and land cruisers selling for 8-12k again..

Is it just me or have 80 prices dropped significantly and 1st gen Tacomas and 3rd gen 4Runners caught up in price? I’ve recently noticed 1st gen Tacomas going for 15-20k and land cruisers selling for 8-12k again..
It does seem High mileage 80’s needing lots of maintenance and paint are the most plentiful on the market and prices are back to reasonable range, ready to have another $8-12k spent on baselining after the purchase.

Nice paint, decent mileage, and good maintenance history rigs are in short supply and still strong performers in the market.

It does seem High mileage 80’s needing lots of maintenance and paint are the most plentiful on the market and prices are back to reasonable range, ready to have another $8-12k spent on baselining after the purchase.

Nice paint, decent mileage, and good maintenance history rigs are in short supply and still strong performers in the market.
I don’t think Tacomas are worth any more. It may just be easier to sell a rougher one due to the utility of the truck bed; they make nice little work rigs. The kind of people looking for an old Land Cruiser usually want a clean/collectible one, so rough examples can end up sitting for a while, unless it’s well under 10k.

I don’t think Tacomas are worth any more. It may just be easier to sell a rougher one due to the utility of the truck bed; they make nice little work rigs. The kind of people looking for an old Land Cruiser usually want a clean/collectible one, so rough examples can end up sitting for a while, unless it’s well under 10k.
Yep, $8-$10k pick up trucks are easy to justify!

I can remember when Chevy 73-87 Chevy K10’s and 2nd gen Toyota Trucks hit $3500 and the they were like money in the bank and pretty plentiful, buy them, use them and sell them when you’re done for a little profit, Tacomas are they same today!
With 4Runners, there are enough teenagers to keep that market supported for a few more years!

Screenshot_20240402-181727.png

I'd say prices are dropping, especially if people are desperate.

I called, and just missed this one. Don't know any details other than it had less than 200K miles. Was in California.

View attachment 3598140

I'd say prices are dropping, especially if people are desperate.

I called, and just missed this one. Don't know any details other than it had less than 200K miles. Was in California.
Someone got a ridiculously good deal on that one. I’m in SoCal and in the market and anything under like 8-9k is practically a beater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom