For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
Appreciate the sanity check. SoCal is a whole thing. $9500 here gets you a pretty ratty 98-99 LC that needs a ton of work.

I oughta just find a truck somewhere else and ship it here.

Purchased 6 months ago - 05 LC100 in MT, 107k, no rust, interior and exterior near perfect (minus some blemishes on exterior body molding rubbers), tilt wheel doesn’t work, mechanic records and no maintenance due, from dealer - 18,500.
s***, point me in this direction, I would buy tomorrow. Thanks for the info

Somebody wanted to make it shinny so you wouldn’t look underneath. I think all too often, buyers are not as savvy as Mud folks are. Closer inspection underneath may find more issues?
Do the math… Asking - cost of needs - mileage - accident = $9,500.00 initial offer.

Appreciate the sanity check. SoCal is a whole thing. $9500 here gets you a pretty ratty 98-99 LC that needs a ton of work.

I oughta just find a truck somewhere else and ship it here.
It's not a bad plan. I got mine shipped in from Florida and I live in the Baltimore area.

What are everyone's thoughts on a very clean 99, decent amount of work in the last 12-18 months (head gaskets, cooling system, water pump) plus it's got a lift/method wheels/33s - BUT

• it has 291k mi
  • it needs a ps rack
  • the previous owner (maybe, maybe not) hit something in the front of the TJM steel bumper so the bumper supports are a bit tweaked and it sits crooked. possibly also damaged the headlight as the passenger headlight is brand new. I am now curious if it has a steel bumper in front because of the impact.
  • it needs all new ball joints up front. they're all split.

Asking is $18.5k but the seller asked what my offer would be. Am in SoCal since the market is always a bit hotter here.
Hard pass. Sounds like the owner has done the bare minimum to keep it mibile. You'll end up putting another 5k in it in deferred maintenance to make it a decent truck.

That's funny, I ONLY shop in CA/AZ for vehicles, sometimes the PNW or down into NM but 90% in CA. I only buy a vehicle or two every other year but I gladly pay the premium. Now, having said that, the LC in question is a hard pass. I don't wan't anything that's been opened up by the previous owner. Who knows how hot they got it when and if the heads are still true. A rack is not cheap or super enjoyable to replace, however there's a few things you can do while you're under there. All in all I would never even call on that because of the head issues, but for those miles and repairs i'd be capped at around ~11k.

These are still strange times, and i'm sympathetic to the frustration of essentially, 'Everybody thinks they've got something' and the prices are through the roof. Start looking in Idaho, Utah, and Arizona. Half of CA came here less then 36 months ago, so the salt/weather hasn't done much yet.

Ok value this one I am eyeing

2002 LX 470 288k miles with pretty decent records...great records last 5 yrs
AHC serviced / TB and all done / new alternator and battery / new radiator in last 15k miles
new 33 inch all terrains

over really good shape with hardly any rust but front seats are trash

AHC serviced / TB and all done / new alternator and battery / new radiator in last 15k miles
new 33 inch all terrains

Hey, tough to say without driving it and seeing pics (color combo/ paint), interior (other than front seats), engine bay, stereo, overall condition, etc. but at that mileage I would say somewhere in the $10k neighborhood.....getting close to 300k should keep the price more reasonable. I'm in NC, BTW, and keep a close eye on local (and national) prices.

The new tires and recent maintenance are a plus, of course. New BFG's (if that's what it has) are probably $1200-$1500 installed these days. If you like it and it drives well, and lots of records from dealer....maybe up $11 or $12k.....IMO. I would suggest paying a dealer or independent Yota shop the hundred bucks or so for a PPI, which of course you can use to negotiate. You want to be sure it doesn't need more repairs (like the $3500 Master Cylinder/ brake booster repair)....ask me how I know ;)

Last edited:

new 33 inch all terrains

If it has Navigation, that's a hard pass. With 33's your speedo is off, unless that's been addressed (not likely). I'd scour the underside and topside for leaks (VC gaskets, PS hoses etc.). If it's truly rust free; starts, runs, drives, stops; i'd be at about $9kk max. Seats are easy to restore but a great bargaining chip.

anyone shopping (or selling) notice that most of the trucks out there don’t seem to be moving?I’ve been staring at the same ~30 in SoCal/Phx/Vegas area now for about a month.

Has the economic doom and gloom put the pause on 25 year old trucks?

Conversely, the sellers never drop the price. They just keep refreshing the CL ad even though it’s clear no one wants their 294k ‘00 for $19500.

Even here on mud the same few trucks have been on page 1 now for the last couple weeks with low to no interest.

anyone shopping (or selling) notice that most of the trucks out there don’t seem to be moving?I’ve been staring at the same ~30 in SoCal/Phx/Vegas area now for about a month.
I’d agree and I’m in the NE. Seeing the same 100s for sale across dealers and private party. Most are trying to hold their price steady though, not many lowered. There’s 2 I’d buy right now if they took about 2k off their listed prices.

I’d agree and I’m in the NE. Seeing the same 100s for sale across dealers and private party. Most are trying to hold their price steady though, not many lowered. There’s 2 I’d buy right now if they took about 2k off their listed prices.
Is mine one of them??? lol!

I think it is geography specific. I have been following prices on 80s, 100s, and 200s. While I am watching all, I am focused on model years ‘97, ‘06-‘07, and HEs. Inventory has slowed over the last couple of weeks to a month. However, there have been what appear to be really nice, lower mileage 100s that have moved rather quickly in the $16k - $20k price range. These vehicles were located in CA, FL, NC, NM, and TX.

Is mine one of them??? lol!
Haha! Yours and there’s another 99 LX that got restod in VA Beach are both clean. I’ve been holding out for 03-05 for 5 speed before the unicorn year prices. How are those 4 speeds on long highway drives? Also how’s dealing with lockers in the snow? I enjoy the ease of just putting my 4R in D and driving through piles of snow 🤣

Haha! Yours and there’s another 99 LX that got restod in VA Beach are both clean. I’ve been holding out for 03-05 for 5 speed before the unicorn year prices. How are those 4 speeds on long highway drives? Also how’s dealing with lockers in the snow? I enjoy the ease of just putting my 4R in D and driving through piles of snow 🤣
It all wheel drive, has a center diff lock switch and mine has the rear diff lock as well. I would just use all wheel drive for snow.

Thoughts on a fair price on this truck? It’s been posted a month now without moving. Owner is about 90 minutes from me and said he has “a little room” but I think he’s still looking for last years prices.

Based on the research I’ve done and what’s moving and what isn’t, I think that’s a 15-16k truck? I can tell the bumpers, especially rear, are banged up and the steering wheel looks like something from a horror movie.

2 owners, CA car. Owner claims he has all maintenance since 2008 but hasn’t elaborated on what he’s done and hasn’t done. I’d expect it’s going to need a TB in 30k or so if it was done at 90.

Thoughts on what’s fair?

EDIT: I just spoke with the owner. The ps rack is seeping fluid (though was replaced at one point in his ownership), there is a small amount of rust around the windshield (waiting on pics), and it has a few misc issues such as a bad power lock in the rear door.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: UGN
Thoughts on a fair price on this truck? It’s been posted a month now without moving. Owner is about 90 minutes from me and said he has “a little room” but I think he’s still looking for last years prices.

Based on the research I’ve done and what’s moving and what isn’t, I think that’s a 15-16k truck? I can tell the bumpers, especially rear, are banged up and the steering wheel looks like something from a horror movie.

2 owners, CA car. Owner claims he has all maintenance since 2008 but hasn’t elaborated on what he’s done and hasn’t done. I’d expect it’s going to need a TB in 30k or so if it was done at 90.

Thoughts on what’s fair?

EDIT: I just spoke with the owner. The ps rack is seeping fluid (though was replaced at one point in his ownership), there is a small amount of rust around the windshield (waiting on pics), and it has a few misc issues such as a bad power lock in the rear door.
$15k tops.

Here's the rust pic along the top of the window... unsure what causes this. I haven't seen this on any other SoCal trucks.

IMG_3295.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom