Most efficient fan config for 100 w/ added thermo's: PUSH or PULL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2x9" thermo fans coming to fit flat on the condenser. 248mm diamter, should go side by side after mounting the A/T cooler forward 30-40mm or so.
s-l1600.png

I also have some foam insulation coming 1 metre, to seal the top of the radiator <-> engine compartment (pic below)
1610604654595.png

My question to anyone whose had experience with this, is which is better PUSH or PULL configuration. In light of the fact that the 2xthermo fans, can only be mounted on the FRONT SIDE of the condenser.

Does anyone have an approx. idea on the CFM created by the 100 series engine fan. This would help on deciding whether to trap the air in the space-between radiator -> condenser -> then out front, with foam insulation (top & maybe even bottom also), and do a PULL configuration with the 9 inch Thermo fans on front side of the condenser.

Doing a PULL should also help bring air forward past the A/T trans cooler @ idle I guess. It's a difficult decision in that, the condenser alm,ost seems to rely on AIR going over its fins when the car is driving along (Push config really). Any help would be great. TIA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom