Most convenient Shower/toilet privacy tent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is an awesome unique product, and as I get older, I need more creature comforts to make my camping experiences more enjoyable.

Quick Pitch En Suite privacy tent.

I currently have a Lightspeed pop up, but I don't like the hassles of deploying, staking it down, and packing it up. This solves all those problems, plus more smaller inconveniences.

I have a Gamiviti rack and I used his awning receiver female part to attach to the roof rack. The male portion I had him custom build for me so I can easily remove it. For the fabric to hang down vertically I have to be 11" out from the receiver end to clear the fender flares.

I bought the soft bag model instead of the box because I didn't want a permanent mount. I reinforced the mount with a 72"x3"x1/4" aluminum bar that I cut to size and I drilled holes into and attached to the backing of the arms (inside the bag). I had to put in a plastic wedge to angle up the arms so they would be level.

Future plan is to use an Eccotemp L5, power with a power outlet to my auxillary battery, propane tank in a milk crate on top of the roof rack and water source from Sceptor water tanks.

Gamiviti rack receiver.JPG

Side view.JPG

Side view shower deplyoed.JPG

You'll prob want to make sure the bottom touches the ground in case you need to stake it down, those things are almost unusable in nominal wind.

Edit: and let me know if you want to sell your lightspeed.

Last edited:
You'll prob want to make sure the bottom touches the ground in case you need to stake it down, those things are almost unusable in nominal wind.

I won't be in there very long to do my business..... whatever it is...... I'm a guy.
Plus I have at least 1 side completely blocking the wind.
I don't foresee the wind being a problem.

I cheaped out and bought one of these but it's too small for a 6"1' 200+lb dude. For a shorter thinner person it might be ok.

61MRf4z5ZbL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FXNRA42/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s07?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I decided to get something with a bit more room for changing and whatnots so I have this now. Looks like setup and teardown is pretty simple. Packs up fairly small for what it is. Planning on giving it a try in Moab in a couple of weeks.

91JMlv-delL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBM7N40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cheaped out and bought one of these but it's too small for a 6"1' 200+lb dude. For a shorter thinner person it might be ok.

I decided to get something with a bit more room for changing and whatnots so I have this now. Looks like setup and teardown is pretty simple. Packs up fairly small for what it is. Planning on giving it a try in Moab in a couple of weeks.
Moab is where the wind destroyed mine. I recommend good sand stakes and guy it out real well. Kelty sent me a new one no questions asked.

Overall I'm happy with my Porta-Privy. It's cheap and so I can leave back at camp without worry. I can also set it up away from the vehicle.... because most social and dining activities seem to revolve around the vehicle.

This is an awesome unique product, and as I get older, I need more creature comforts to make my camping experiences more enjoyable.

Quick Pitch En Suite privacy tent.

I currently have a Lightspeed pop up, but I don't like the hassles of deploying, staking it down, and packing it up. This solves all those problems, plus more smaller inconveniences.

Hi Dr Gil, Where did you bought the QuickPitch en Suite?, is there a dealer in the US?

I bought mine from Drifta in Australia. Not sure if they’re still shipping to the US now that they have a distributor. Been using it since last March and it’s awesome.

Last edited:
I've owned and used several different shower/toilet privy's over the years but I'm still using the original, and overall my favorite, Outback Porta Privy albeit with a ton of sewing and reinforcement panels at the bottom (stake areas) sewn in. But one of the best $50 I've spent on camping gear! Don't know the story about Outback but they, AFAIK, were the original...but for some reason closed shop. A few downstream copies have surfaced. Decker's was supposed to come up with the same product but better with more substantial/durable materials but no tell about it on their current website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom