Mort's 76 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great. I’m a few days away from tackling mine.

My cruiser is finally home in Moab. 2 years ago I moved away from Alabama for a job but didn't have a place for the FJ55. I finally got a house with a garage and the 55 was just delivered to Moab. I'm pretty excited to get working on it again and hope to start driving it as a running project soon.

2FBA4D32-D287-4410-9407-E55ADB35E2E7.jpeg

388E164D-A9B1-4F98-8AFC-C7AB9A823D6A.jpeg

I have the OEM bumper and the side pieces. The bumper has some dents but could be fixed, but I don't know yet. I want to have a functioning trailer hitch for a small military trailer I have. m416. And I want to put a bike rack on it most of the time. I've been looking round but haven't really seen a basic strong bumper with a hitch. I'd appreciate suggestions.

Just a 4x4 schedule 40 tube with the receiver welded through the middle.

So this is a great example of something that at first glance appears to be factory yet offers way more protection and rigidity than the factory could have ever hoped for AND fits the idea that ‘Doomer mentioned about square or rectangular tubing.

View attachment 2306493
I like that bumper. I'm going to have to hold off for a while on making anything. The house I bought doesn't have 220 to the garage so I need to remedy that before I can start welding on stuff.

^^ x2
I’m no where near but great inspiration when I get there :beer:

That looks really good. Do you have a metal break, or did you have someone do it for you?

Had a local fab shop bend it. I think the metal and bending cost me $85.

That reply cheap. and i really dig the style of the bumper. I see it's bolted to the crossmember, do you have brackets bolting it to the frame or any other reinforcement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom