Morrison trail Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Latest info on Morrison is that it has two volks wagon sized rocks in the trail in two places, no word yet on damage done coming down the hill till they lit, I'll update as more info comes, so it's not clear when it will reopen. Magic city club is on hold for now on their maintenance run on the trail.

This was on our calendar for this weekend. I just called the ranger. "The Morrison won't be open anytime soon". There are trees, snow and the boulder. They haven't fully assessed the situation yet due to conditions of the trail.

This was on our calendar for this weekend. I just called the ranger. "The Morrison won't be open anytime soon". There are trees, snow and the boulder. They haven't fully assessed the situation yet due to conditions of the trail.
I called at 11 am and got the same thing. It's gunna be awhile unfortunately

We attempted blue lake 3 weeks ago. Made it about a mile or so short of the lake. Turned back due to snow , but probably could have gotten there if I were better prepared. My winch wasn't working and I forgot a shovel, got a late start and had my in-laws with us. We are likely doing it again this weekend.

according to the rimrock guys morrison is still closed. Either lots of damage or lack of desire to open it

I’m more concerned with the later... the USFS has such limited resources keeping open a trail that’s had its fair share of issue and tragedies likely won’t be high in the list.

Just spoke to the ranger in that district and the switchbacks have a house sized boulder blocking the trail and things keep sliding. Trail is still closed and he didn't sound optimistic they'd get it open this year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom