For Sale Morrison, CO Unmolested 1988 Land Cruiser FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my 1988 FJ62 with 153k miles - $8,500

My 1988 FJ62 (4.0L 3FE/Auto) failed Colorado emissions. The rabbit hole to fix the emissions problem uncovered cylinder 5 is functioning with 35lbs of pressure (should be at 150lbs). I would have had no idea that I was short a cylinder had I not failed emissions. The truck drives no different. That's why they say "If you want to go into [insert somewhere nasty] take a Land Rover. If we want to get back out, take a Land Cruiser." Head and valves are great. Problem came down to piston rings, which at that point makes sense to do a rebuild

The Ugly
  • It failed emissions because it was running very rich. Cylinder 5 was just pumping out unspent fuel. The problem needs boring and upsized pistons and rings so with the engine out and apart it might as well be fully rebuilt. If you DIY you could just do the pistons and rings and get another 100k or more

The Bad
  • Small leaks of which most would be covered in a rebuild
  • Driver seat is original so the seat is ripped up
  • A split in the dash covering in the middle. Just appeared this year!
  • Rear windows need new motors

The Good
  • 2nd owner
  • Had the girl for 15 years
  • Excellent truck for DIY or partial DIY rebuild
  • Fantastic candidate for resto-mod
  • Unmolested and original (except stereo upgrade)
  • Original Paint (getting thin on the hood)
  • Original interior
  • Spent most of its life in Central Florida
  • No rust - perfect frame and chassis
  • Great AC
  • Powerful stereo - Pioneer head with bluetooth, 1000 watt JL audio amp pushing MMAT component set and MB Quart component set in rear. 100 watt MTX amp pushing detachable 10" Kicker woofer
  • Transmission rebuilt at 115k and rock solid
  • BFG KO2 tires with about 15k on them
  • Off-road rims
  • Original rims available - stored in Central Florida
  • Have complete maintenance history
  • No accidents
  • OME 2" lift
  • New catalytic converter and exhaust
  • Could be driven immediately in a state with no emissions but that would make Mother Nature cry

1.jpg

2.jpg

20.jpg

4.jpg

14.jpg

Have more pics here

Last edited:
@gawaterfowler, good luck with the purchase, Worth county here. Will be nice to see a 60 series in the neighborhood.

Selling my 1988 FJ62 with 153k miles - $8,500

My 1988 FJ62 (4.0L 3FE/Auto) failed Colorado emissions. The rabbit hole to fix the emissions problem uncovered cylinder 5 is functioning with 35lbs of pressure (should be at 150lbs). I would have had no idea that I was short a cylinder had I not failed emissions. The truck drives no different. That's why they say "If you want to go into [insert somewhere nasty] take a Land Rover. If we want to get back out, take a Land Cruiser." Head and valves are great. Problem came down to piston rings, which at that point makes sense to do a rebuild

The Ugly
  • It failed emissions because it was running very rich. Cylinder 5 was just pumping out unspent fuel. The problem needs boring and upsized pistons and rings so with the engine out and apart it might as well be fully rebuilt. If you DIY you could just do the pistons and rings and get another 100k or more

The Bad
  • Small leaks of which most would be covered in a rebuild
  • Driver seat is original so the seat is ripped up
  • A split in the dash covering in the middle. Just appeared this year!
  • Rear windows need new motors

The Good
  • 2nd owner
  • Had the girl for 15 years
  • Excellent truck for DIY or partial DIY rebuild
  • Fantastic candidate for resto-mod
  • Unmolested and original (except stereo upgrade)
  • Original Paint (getting thin on the hood)
  • Original interior
  • Spent most of its life in Central Florida
  • No rust - perfect frame and chassis
  • Great AC
  • Powerful stereo - Pioneer head with bluetooth, 1000 watt JL audio amp pushing MMAT component set and MB Quart component set in rear. 100 watt MTX amp pushing detachable 10" Kicker woofer
  • Transmission rebuilt at 115k and rock solid
  • BFG KO2 tires with about 15k on them
  • Off-road rims
  • Original rims available - stored in Central Florida
  • Have complete maintenance history
  • No accidents
  • OME 2" lift
  • New catalytic converter and exhaust
  • Could be driven immediately in a state with no emissions but that would make Mother Nature cry

View attachment 2197164
View attachment 2197165

View attachment 2197171
View attachment 2197217

View attachment 2197218
Have more pics here

This is my dream of a vehicle. Any chance I can come look at it? Thanks in advance!

phillip

Well, it was supposed to be sold to me as per our verbal agreement on Friday. As of today, the seller told me he is going with another seller for more money even though a price was agreed on and we were exchanging info to consumate the sale. Not cool. Communication was via text and was waiting on him to sign the bill of sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom