morel speakers and tweeters in front doors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone wired these up yet? Im looking to see how or IF the tweeter can be integrated So it isnt in the way.

Yeah. Love mine. Not totally sure I understand your question though. Surface mounted the tweeters. Only took a small hole in door for the speaker wire.

5A106358-29B8-47DF-A225-83408B710CA8.jpeg

Yeah. Love mine. Not totally sure I understand your question though. Surface mounted the tweeters. Only took a small hole in door for the speaker wire.

View attachment 2110593
what did you mount in back doors? Im trying to find morels that would work.

In the front you will want a separate set in the rear either their 5.25" or 6.5" coax will be just fine.

You really should approach this just like any project and put it together as a whole not just piece things together. What is your end goal? Do you want a single multi-channel amp or amps for highs and lows? Are you going to have a sub? etc.

what did you mount in back doors? Im trying to find morels that would work.

I’m not running any speakers in the rear doors. Most of the time I have the rear seat out anyway for camping and hauling feed etc. Did mount an eight inch subwoofer under the passenger seat in a small custom box.

81DECD8B-9058-4BAA-8738-34A420C89780.jpeg

In the front you will want a separate set in the rear either their 5.25" or 6.5" coax will be just fine.

You really should approach this just like any project and put it together as a whole not just piece things together. What is your end goal? Do you want a single multi-channel amp or amps for highs and lows? Are you going to have a sub? etc.
Another mud member gave me the fronts, thse arent something I would buy. BUT now that I have them Im going to install. I have blown out 3 sets of polk speakers so far. No on the sub, I dont go that route anymore.

After this install have someone set your gains properly on your amp of you install them. Also have your deck tested to find what volume level you start to have distortion.

If your speakers are able to easily handle the power output from their sources (also the sources can't be under powered), your gains are set right, you know exactly the highest volume level you can have the deck at, you should not be blowing speakers. A good audio shop can set and find those levels for you.

I just finished mounting my tweeters here.

20191018_184844.jpg

20191018_101916.jpg

What it looks like from behind the door panel....

20191018_085416.jpg

Another mud member gave me the fronts, thse arent something I would buy. BUT now that I have them Im going to install. I have blown out 3 sets of polk speakers so far. No on the sub, I dont go that route anymore.

yeah. My subwoofer won’t win any window rattling contests... it just fills in the bass and helps the mid/woofer and tweeter out. Sounds amazing to me.

Ditch rear speakers, front stage setups are better imo. I went with a fully active setup 3-way(1 amp channel per speaker; tweeter, midrange, woofer) I mounted tweeters on the a-pillar and midrange replaced the dash speakers.
Did you time delay each channel to suit the driver?

Yup, dsp tuned with time alignment for driver.
Damn I dont know about all ths, I was just going to put in new speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom