More vacuum woes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I had posted before trying to figure out where my vacuum hoses were supposed to go. I got some things figured out, but now for the life of me can't figure this one out. I've been going over the FSM vacuum schematics and still can't figure out where this hose is supposed to go. Can someone out there with a 3FE lend a hand??

In the pic below it is the larger port off the air cleaner... what component is this supposed to go to? Anyone?

Last edited:
Well, I'm just replying to myself to move this topic up a little, with the hopes that someone with a 3FE can help me out!

I just went outside and looked under the hood of my 91 and it goes to the distributor cab. Why I have not a clue. Hope this helps.

Wes

Thanks a million Dezzrat! I did trace the lines off the distributor cap, but couldn't find a pic in the FSM that showed the cap in reference to vacuum hoses.

I did find a hose off the distributor cap just hanging and hooked it up like you said your was. There is another hose off the distributor cap going to a do-hickey mounted on the side of the air filter, which then leads into the cabin through a grommet. It appears to just end in the cabin.

There is no picture of these hoses in the FSM, but in the distributor section of the FSM (Page IG-11 in the 1991 manual) it talks about an air cleaner hose and ventilation hoses.

Maybe this just provides clean dry air to the distributor while the line to the air cleaner ensures bad air is sucked out?

Can any of you real gear heads confirm this theory??

Rich J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom