More Utah snow wheelin' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
Last Sunday, Jan 18, I gathered up Kurt Williams, Borg, Mike B and my buddy Nate and we hopped in my FJ60 and Borg's 80 and headed out to Rattlesnake Trail in Northernish Utah. Got to the staging area and started messin' with my lockers to try and get them to lock using the 9-volt battery trick 'cause I haven't wired them up to the switch yet. That sucked. We finally got the rear one to lock, but had troubled with the front--never did get it to lock.

Anyway, while we were messin' with that, Borg and Kurt cruised off somewhere and came back with a bent front panhard rod. We took it off and stuck it in my receiver and tried to bend it back, but proceeded only to break it clean off! I wouldn't give up and had to still run the trail so I talked him into continuing on.

Anyway, his 80 steered like crap and was super hard to control but he made it through Rattlesnake but we then parked it and they hopped in my rig. We headed off toward Constrictor 'cuase I wanted to see it. Turned off down towards Wayne's World (not sure what it's all called out there). Tried the first obstacle and had a lot of trouble 'cause my front wouldn't lock, but eventually made it up anyways. Hauled up and accross a crack and then on to Wayne's World. I gave it one try, smashed my driver's rocker under the rear door and the lower part of the rear door and backed off and gave up. I don't have any rocker protection and, though it might not have saved me from any damage, it would have for sure limited it.

Anyway, thanks to Kurt W for the pics--he's the only one smart enough to bring his camera...

-Ferg-

6. Took a little hit on the passenger front fender. You should see what this same rock did to the side of Borg's brand new ARB bullbar. Hopefully he has a pic of it but I don't think Kurt got one...

Looks like fun. About time you rubbed off some of that pretty and added a little character to that big blue box. Battlescars are cool as long as the door still works.

And a close-up of that. Like I said in another post, pretty amazing that a pic could be snapped right before I hit, with 4 people watching (ok, one of them was dancing or something), but nobody told me to back off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom