More tundra wheel questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running these on their 100 series? Have any pics? They are from 2014 tundra. Same size that is on my 2005 cruiser.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421179224.833743.jpg

I know this Is a hot topic, but I keep losing the thread I've been reading!!! Ugh! Smart phones!!

Would love to see some pictures of them mounted on 100 series.

I have seen two sets for sale in town. Thinking about picking them up!

Had an opportunity to buy a set of these recently as take offs, complete with new tires. Passed on them as I wasn't sure how they would look and if the center caps would fit. Regretting it now.

Hoping someone has a set on their 100.....sure would like to see how they look.

I've been curious since I first saw them. Black with a little bling. Just like my LC. Might look great on a black cruiser. Might not.

...via IH8MUD app

Now that I've done some searching, I think I prefer the platinum series look even better. Only issue is that they're the 20" flavor. I honestly may consider some of those for street tire duty. I've been getting tired of riding on hardcore off road tires 24/7 lately, and would like to preserve them for what they're made for - off road. Anyone seen a 100 with platinum series wheels?

I like them! My cruiser is white tho....

Not to hijack but what did you use to paint the chrome bull bar on your TJM T3? PlastiDip? I like the look and might consider doing the same to mine.
duplicolor bedliner. Was on there from the PO. I like it. Adhesion is so-so, rock chips/huge bugs/etc will flake it off in spots, but touch up is easy. Clean, sand, clean spray. It matches the rear bumper and side molding trim.

Now that I've done some searching, I think I prefer the platinum series look even better. Only issue is that they're the 20" flavor. I honestly may consider some of those for street tire duty. I've been getting tired of riding on hardcore off road tires 24/7 lately, and would like to preserve them for what they're made for - off road. Anyone seen a 100 with platinum series wheels?

I have the Limited 20" on my LX with tires that came on the Tundra. Really made a big difference in on road handling. Left to right steering transition is much better.
I went from stock 16" with original Michelins. It is also nice that they have a higher air pressure. I think mileage went up on long trips about .5 to 1 mpg. Anyway really happy with them but they do look a bit bling and I have not figured out how to mount the center cap on the front, so I used the LX cap in front and Tundra cap in rear.
I dont think they would be good off road, but 99% for this rig is on road and snow

Last edited:
I have the Limited 20" on my LX with tires that came on the Tundra. Really made a big difference in on road handling. Left to right steering transition is much better.
I went from stock 16" with original Michelins. It is also nice that they have a higher air pressure. I think mileage went up on long trips about .5 to 1 mpg. Anyway really happy with them but they do look a bit bling and I have not figured out how to mount the center cap on the front, so I used the LX cap in front and Tundra cap in rear.
I dont think they would be good off road, but 99% for this rig is on road and snow
Nice! Could you please post a pic when you get a chance?

I put some 20" Limited wheels on my 100 a long time ago (so long the thread was purged...lol), and have used them ever since for offroading and the street with 305/50" Terra Grapplers (stock height). The whole setup has actually been wonderful. On the road, the truck is significantly more stable but offroad it still does really well. Of course the wheels tend to get damaged eventually but that's going to happen regardless. At first I modded the stock LC caps to fit the Tundra wheel by shaving the tabs down, and it looked kinda goofy.
P1010336.jpg

P1010338.jpg

P1010341.jpg

Then I just took the Tundra caps and dremmeled out a hole just large enough to let the grease cap slide through. I polished and clearcoated the grease cap. Not optimal, but I'm fine with it. Some spacers would be another solution.

P1040313.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom