More trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, just when the paint job was about ready and summer is here, another problem pops up...i was driving without my R fender and apron when the battery flew out!... :crybaby: ...now i have a bunch of wires hanging and I don't know what to do with them...the enging turns but does not fire...

I'm probably gonna need to look at someones' '40 to figure out what goes where...

Jeff, is your circuit still stock?

Damn Sani, It's just one thing after another for you. The battery didn't hit anyone or cause any problems other than for you did it?

I'm not stock anymore, so I don't think that I can help. Good luck. By the way, are you going to make it to the meeting next month?

Tony

Yeah, mine is stock. You probably disconnected the fusable link. You just need to look at mine and get an idea. Mine won't be just like yours. Do you have a Haynes manual? Should show you the diagram. Call me and you can come out a look sometime.

Later,

40 is easy, you will have 1 large cable from the starter to the + terminal. There will be one large cable from the - terminal to the frame(you might have 2 but the other will ground to the block) There is usually a stock fuseable like that goes from the harness to the + terminal. This should be white or blue and white. That is it, anything else should be for accessories that were added after the fact. Many times the fuseable link is gone and a hard wire runs the truck. + goes on the firewall side.

Battery flew out? Tard.

Engine turns but does not fire eliminates the fuse link.......check the wiring between the coil and the battery, and from the coil to the distributor.
I hate to agree with DD, but
Tard.
Butch

Geezz guys. Don't gang up on the Tard... uh, I mean... Sani

Sani,

I have recently done a lot of work in this area of my 40. You can come by any time to compare wiring. Mine is a 6/77.

Lash

dd113 said:
40 is easy, you will have 1 large cable from the starter to the + terminal. There will be one large cable from the - terminal to the frame(you might have 2 but the other will ground to the block) There is usually a stock fuseable like that goes from the harness to the + terminal. This should be white or blue and white. That is it, anything else should be for accessories that were added after the fact. Many times the fuseable link is gone and a hard wire runs the truck. + goes on the firewall side.

Battery flew out? Tard.

Naw! Redneck! Doesn't even sound like he used bailin' wire though.

Well gentlemen, thank you for all the support!!... remind me to keep my problems to myself next time... :frown:

I did check the manual and got her running, except now i have a bunch of wires that are going nowhere...There's also what looks like a distributor condenser that's sitting there attached to nothing...it's supposed to be held down to the drape on the R side and has only one wire coming out of it...

otherwise, changed all the brake cylinders and shoes and she comes to a screeching stop now...should be able to bring her to tuesdays meeting if nothing new happens.

Jeff/lash

If anyone's gonna be available today let me know, i'd like to take a look at your 40's to see if i can figure the rest of the wiring out. I'll be done from work by around 2 pm.

thanks

Sani,

Call me on my cell. My 40 is available for viewing all evening. It currently has no starter so you'll have to come to Madison.

Starter will be in tomorrow. The starter gear "teeth" were all chewed up and it tested BAD. It would not turn at all!

Lash
594-7949

handala said:
Well gentlemen, thank you for all the support!!... remind me to keep my problems to myself next time... :frown:

I did check the manual and got her running, except now i have a bunch of wires that are going nowhere...There's also what looks like a distributor condenser that's sitting there attached to nothing...it's supposed to be held down to the drape on the R side and has only one wire coming out of it...

otherwise, changed all the brake cylinders and shoes and she comes to a screeching stop now...should be able to bring her to tuesdays meeting if nothing new happens.

Now Sani, the longer we know you the thicker your skin has to be. We only pick on you because you give us the opportunity. You will learn to say "naw, I better not post that" :)

Later,
:beer:

CHEERS!

:beer:

well, gentlemen... enjoyed hanging out during our last meeting.

Just in case you have not had enough fun with this flying battery crap...just received a package from CCOT with some stuff I ordered and what did it include as the usual free gift...

You guessed it, a battery hold down kit!! :mad:

kinda scary if you ask me!

GT, got the directions to that transmission shop?

got it

hope the differential makes it that far

handala said:
GT, got the directions to that transmission shop?

I thought it was on Arlington St. ;)

Yep they are good guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom