More timing chain questions...where to seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

Did you guys use FIPK on the bottom and top of the TC cover? I am assuming so since there is no gasket for that area.

you are supposed to put where any two metals join. such as the corners of the timing cover, on the top, where it meets the head.
since the oil pan is sealed with the FIPK, you use it all around the lower portion of the timing cover.
I have put it all around the top side of the cover, so the head gasket stays put when assembling. no leaks!

Right. So, anywhere that a gasket is not used.

That is what I assumed.

Anywhere a gasket isn't used would be correct. I actually did my last one entirely with FIPK (not reccomended) and it worked just fine. I put it on and let it set up for about 15 minutes before install, not sure if it helps or if it's a bad idea but it becomes a lot less liquid-ish.

Anywhere a gasket isn't used would be correct. I actually did my last one entirely with FIPK (not reccomended) and it worked just fine. I put it on and let it set up for about 15 minutes before install, not sure if it helps or if it's a bad idea but it becomes a lot less liquid-ish.

Yeah, it says set up is five minutes but I suppose it depends on temp outside too.

Thx man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom