More than 2” of lift - new UCA required? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

For you guys out there with greater than 2” of lift up front did you need new upper control arms? I see that Icon’s coilovers provide 0-3” but does that require aftermarket UCAs? Thanks!!

Repost from TLCA on Facebook.

your alignment guy will be much happier if you go ahead and spend the $$ on the UCAs

If your going 2+ go UCA. It’s just the right thing to do.

I most definitely am. I am more curious as to what technically will happen to the stock ball joint on the upper arm and any other issues that may arise with more than 2”.

Poor alignment and perhaps some other issues. I’m 40mm up front with OEM UCA and have had no issues.

I am about 2" on the front with no issues on the original UCs. I recently had the truck up to 3.5" and definitely needed new ones. So the cutoff is somewhere in there. I ended up adjusting the shocks and going lower because of this.

I couldn't get back within specs with the 2" tough dog lift, even fully pushing the cams forward we topped out at something like 1.3 degrees positive caster. I had no issues once I went to SPC UCAs and I'm above 4 degrees now.

I couldn't get back within specs with the 2" tough dog lift, even fully pushing the cams forward we topped out at something like 1.3 degrees positive caster. I had no issues once I went to SPC UCAs and I'm above 4 degrees now.

So it seems the major issue is the alignment.

Yes if your tires aren't rubbing the UCA then the main reason to do this is alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom