More superchargers being released (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coastal-aquariums.com
Talked to my pops today and he said that they are shipping 100 TRD 80 series superchargers to Toyota this week. They have been waiting on Toyota to get them some parts but they are ready to go now. Could be the last batch ever...who knows. If you have been waiting to get one or were bumbed that you missed out on the last batch now is your chance to order.

Talked to my pops today and he said that they are shipping 100 TRD 80 series superchargers to Toyota this week. They have been waiting on Toyota to get them some parts but they are ready to go now. Could be the last batch ever...who knows. If you have been waiting to get one or were bumbed that you missed out on the last batch now is your chance to order.

Does your father work for TRD?

Does your father work for TRD?

Found this:

I just talked to my dad, who works at Magnussen, and he said that you never have to change the oil and that it should not need top off unless there is a seal leak, which you should fix. the $8 per bottle price is the right price. If there is a Buick dealer closer to you than a GM dealer, they should have it as well.

Dan...can you share with us how many of these units you guys have sold since teh new batch came out?

So are you going to snatch one up with your insurance $$ Brett? ;)

Yes my dad is the sales manager at Magnusen superchargers. They are the manufacturer of the TRD superchargers as well as those for GM and Buick
http://www.magnusonproducts.com
For a car guy he really has an awesome job. Scroll to the middle of the front page of the website and check out the Pontiac G8 video. He is drivng the G8 in the video. He gets to travel all over, drive nice really fast cars, and meet lots of cool folks.

Last edited:
any of you looking for a supercharger might look at their ebay store. I know Cdan has great prices and service (thats where I get most of my yota stuff) but Magnusen sells some of their products on their ebay store as well. Not sure if this is an item on there or not.

Any idea if there have been any changes to the standard kit from the last release ?

This forum has discussed simple little things like a wiring harness extension, maybe a more efficent fan.

Any feedback if there have been any tweaks to the standard kit in this realease ?

Any idea if there have been any changes to the standard kit from the last release ?

This forum has discussed simple little things like a wiring harness extension, maybe a more efficent fan.

Any feedback if there have been any tweaks to the standard kit in this realease ?

I highly doubt it. The last batch was virtually identical to the original version.

Some people have mentioned that TRD would probably have to re-certify through CARB and other government agencies even if they made minor changes. Too much $$$$, they know people will buy them how they are. I don't see them being overly concerned about the quirks we have discovered.

no. They will be exactly the same as the last batch to my knowledge. Just a re-order by Toyota

Dang I really want the supercharger I just wasnt ready to drop the money now.

Is it worth putting off the lift/tires to get the supercharger now? I plan on towing a decent sized camper this summer so I can benefit from the power increase.

Decisions....

Dang I really want the supercharger I just wasnt ready to drop the money now.

Is it worth putting off the lift/tires to get the supercharger now? I plan on towing a decent sized camper this summer so I can benefit from the power increase.

Decisions....

Definitely worth postponing the tires/lift especially if you are towing. I drove a stock 80 a while ago and it reminded me what it used to be like. Night and day difference.

Don't get me wrong, in stock form the 1FZ FE is a dang good motor. The S/C just enhances it.

Definitely worth postponing the tires/lift especially if you are towing. I drove a stock 80 a while ago and it reminded me what it used to be like. Night and day difference.

Don't get me wrong, in stock form the 1FZ FE is a dang good motor. The S/C just enhances it.

agreed - I drove a stock one recently and I was reminded myself. Grab a S/C while you can - esp since youll be towing. The lift and tires will always be around - besides, you can keep an eye open for that "smoking" tire deal on Craigslist while you wait. Youll appreciate the SC one you go to bigger tires anyway. If you live in a warm climate, invest the $$ in a JDM fan too if you SC.

Ive been looking at the JDM fan and blue clutch mod lately. I live on the gulf coast so we get hot and humid. The A/C not working and the truck overheating would be bad.

Im really not ready to drop the money now but if it's a last chance at one the savings may get raided.

Does anyone know the current going price or eta for a TRD S/C from this batch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom