More Strong Motor Mounts .. ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
HI All folks .. all the way I have the same issue. Mi MM ( OEM From Toyota ) has good .. but for some reazon ( maybe heavy foot :D ) there are not enough strong in my HJ-60 with 37" 4.56, Marks lo gear set ARB lockers .. chains bla bla bla ..

Someone, know poly Motor Mounts ... for Toyota . ?

cheers ..

Apparently all 60's seem to break motor mounts. Greg B was talking about using some kind of strap to hold the engine from over torquing, and thus not being able to break the mount. seems like a simple fix.
Cheers,
Deny

Deny said:
Apparently all 60's seem to break motor mounts. Greg B was talking about using some kind of strap to hold the engine from over torquing, and thus not being able to break the mount. seems like a simple fix.
Cheers,
Deny

What, you mean the 1" ratchet strap that is holding mine down just now? Works great! I really should get to fixing that.

Bolt a strap onto the frame engine mount, route it over the engine mount, then back down to the other side of the frame mount and bolt it there too. Either that or chain it down so it can move up just a little.

gb

I listen and view in some pics around this off road world this strap solution .. or option .. I was thinking in that.

But I can't believe that nobody makes a more stronger motor mount for 60 series ... maybe is only a 2H or diesel engines .. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom