More PO electrical oddities question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was connected to ground on the carb fan. One wire colored light blue with a black strip and one wire green connector.

Is this supposed to be a ground? Or what is it supposed to go to?? Been trying tind it in the wiring diagram, and I think I'm perpetually crosseyed at this point!

20200524_153254.jpg

Off-hand I don't know what that wire is, but ground is always white-black.

Last edited:
My 78 ewd shows a L-B wire from the cooling fan timer to the manifold thermo sensor. Could that be the wire?

I found an LB wire coming from the emission control computer to VSV #3. My rig is desmogged, is this wire even needed?

Only other LB wire I found was to the front and rear blower motors.

20200524_161316.jpg

That VSV wire shouldn't be long enough to reach the carb and should be part of a multi-pin plug.

Does your carb cooling fan work as designed?

I found an LB wire coming from the emission control computer to VSV #3. My rig is desmogged, is this wire even needed?

Last edited:
There is another LB wire here:
1590372762536.png

Ok, I discovered the errant LB wire does not go to the computer, and happened to look under the manifold to find what I believe is the temp sensor for the cooling fan! So, I think that's it!

I don't know if the one in my rig even works. Anyone know if there is a suitable replacement?

Thanks!

Replacement for the fan or controller? No replacements, except used.

Ok, I discovered the errant LB wire does not go to the computer, and happened to look under the manifold to find what I believe is the temp sensor for the cooling fan! So, I think that's it!

I don't know if the one in my rig even works. Anyone know if there is a suitable replacement?

Thanks!

SOR used to have replacements. They are no longer available, as far as I know. Something can be substituted. I believe the actuation temp was 174 degrees, so you need to find a temp switch with an actuation point in that vicinity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom