More People Buying Toyota Land Cruiser Now That It's Being Discontinued (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I joined the club.... am waiting for the 300 to be announced for 2022 and Toyota to say got ya good (I hope not but wouldn't be surprised).

Heh, me, too. Bought a 2021 last month.

I highly, highly doubt that even if they bring the new one, I would want it. Would need to be a naturally aspirated V8... ideally with manual transfer case, triple locked and CarPlay in a unit separate from HVAC. Under 5000 lbs. thanks to various weight savings like aluminum hood, hatch and doors. And retro-70-series styled. Right, one can dream...

Last edited:
I will be trading in my lx570 for lx600.....thank you and keep it made in JAPAN. Otherwise its junk! just kidding....

We jumped on one as well strictly for this very reason. We could have stuck with our LX570 but the misses has always wanted a 2016+ LC so it was now or never lol.

Heh, me, too. Bought a 2021 last month.

I highly, highly doubt that even if they bring the new one, I would want it. Would need to be a naturally aspirated V8... ideally with manual transfer case, triple locked and CarPlay in a unit separate from HVAC. Under 5000 lbs. thanks to various weight savings like aluminum hood, hatch and doors. And retro-70-series styled. Right, one can dream...
Exactly. We're in the same boat. I came from a GX470 and swore it was LX or bust. Then the air suspension went out in San Francisco on a Saturday night and had to drive the kids and mother in law home for 7 hours on a Sunday.... I knew I'd never go hydraulic (air counts as a fluid) again. The Mrs and I love the 200. She says it's the nicest car she's ever been in. I've been in many nice vehicles and didn't argue that it wouldn't meet RR or Bentley standards, but it honestly beats out quite a few. Nothing luxurious about waiting on the shoulder for a tow truck.

Yeah, I joined the club.... am waiting for the 300 to be announced for 2022 and Toyota to say got ya good (I hope not but wouldn't be surprised).

I got a 2021 in December, partially due to the news about discontinuation, but I must say that if Toyota decided to do an about-face and bring the 300 to the US after all, I'd probably figure out a way to be OK with that and get one.

I would imagine that once we see it, we're going to want it. Can't imagine that Toyota isn't going to update the LC in a significant and awesome way. This is probably the same platform that will be used for the new Lexus, which probably is coming to the US, so I'd bet that it's gonna be good, even perhaps without the V8 😭.

Same here. Just took delivery of HE after having a 16 and 20 year. This time wanted the most unique without the third row and HE was the answer. The little HE accents made it look better. Even if 300 LC would come to US still wanted the final 200 with V8. Look what happened to Raptor. First gen with V8 is what enthusiast really want.

I've been in many nice vehicles and didn't argue that it wouldn't meet RR or Bentley standards, but it honestly beats out quite a few. Nothing luxurious about waiting on the shoulder for a tow truck.
For sure. The real wood glued to the dashboard won't help you get home. Every day I drive by the LR dealership and every day they have multiple models of used LRs with collapsed suspensions sitting out front. You'd think they would at least park them in back.... or maybe they realized their market. People buying for status instead of reliability or dependability.

Same here. Just took delivery of HE after having a 16 and 20 year. This time wanted the most unique without the third row and HE was the answer. The little HE accents made it look better. Even if 300 LC would come to US still wanted the final 200 with V8. Look what happened to Raptor. First gen with V8 is what enthusiast really want.
You are approaching my level of 200 purchasing insanity apparently.

You are approaching my level of 200 purchasing insanity apparently.
I admit, I have a problem. Resale values help making changes. Went from 16 to 20 for just 20K. Thought it held the value very well. I lost only $500 on my 20 when sold it.

Last edited:

Heh. Not anymore. Supercharged V8 Raptor coming at you in 2021. Which I think illustrates the point.

That said, with the general trajectory of the Land Cruiser (from utilitarian to luxury) over the past 60 years, they'd have to reverse course in direction to get me interested. Meaning, I don't need more luxury, but if it were a 5.7L 80-series type rig, I'd probably have buyer's remorse on my 2021.

Add me to this list too. I've been driving a 4Runner and had originally planned to get a 6th gen when they came out, drive that for 7-10 years, and then move to a Land Cruiser after. I'm sure we'll have another LC in the states by then, but I don't like leaving things to chance. Wife and I made the decision to bite the bullet and skip straight over the 4Runner. Local dealer worked a miracle and found me exactly what I wanted at port and put my order in which was approved and accepted on 2/2. Estimated delivery of mid-March and absolutely ecstatic.

@HSTexan You are going to be blown away by how much better the 200 is over the 150. I still love my GX460 but it's no 200. I too believe that eventually we will have another Land Cruiser here in the states, the question is when and in what form? I have no regret in regards to buying the last of the 200's now, it'll stick around for forever and eventually be retired to living at a second home/ranch.

The question is will next Land Cruiser assuming it makes it way back to US be a three row SUV? I for one like the utility of a third row.

So if a new one comes out with a V6, lack of third row, and smaller, NO THANKS. I am sure I am not alone in this thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom