More OME Quest-ions ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the CS005F with my 2H, bullbar and winch.

I have the CS005R A+B as I tow a caravan.

There is another OME spring that will fit the front of a 60 that should get rid of the rake. It's off the front of a 75 series and is identical to the CS005F except it is 40mm longer to the shackle end and has another 25mm of free camber built into it. Part number is CS006F - not sure if this would be available in the US.

Ah hell, now your making me wondering what I'm running.

I'll be dipped...when I ordered mine (through Steve at MAF), the order was for mediums all the way around, but the springs indicate CS004.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes them heavies (?).

If so I should probably change my sig line. :p

I just got a set from Kurt a few weeks ago. Here is a few photos installed. OME Heavy
newtruckpicsa004.jpg

newtruckpicsa003.jpg

newtruckpicsa002.jpg

smkymntn wrote:"I just got a set from Kurt a few weeks ago. Here is a few photos installed. OME Heavy"

Hey smkymntn, What are the numbers on the springs? are they CS004's?

Cruiserpants, you are running mediums.

Light Front = CS003F
Medium Front = CS004F
Heavy Front = CS005F

Light Rear = CS017R A+B
Medium Rear = CS004R A+B
Heavy Rear = CS005R A+B

My kit, according to Kurt, is a heavy/heavy. All of my springs say CS004 on them. I went out to get a picture. Cloudy and cold here now. Getting dark, too. Got the '62 in the garage. Too tight in there to get a good picture.

I got a tape measure. I assume that the line on the body that flies across the top of the door handles can be regarded as a sort of horizontal datum. Thus, if this line is level: no stinkbug. In my case, from the front of the truck to the back, I am 2" stinkbuggy. (Is that even a word?) 2" high in the rear.

Originally Posted by Spike Strip
I got an email from Kurt:

"We consider the CS005 springs the heavy "plus" as ARB has always
designated the CS004 as a heavy and by adding an additional leaf you
create the heavy plus CS005's. Make sense. We set up a lot of trucks with
each, really depends on your particular needs."

I'm gonna call him today and order whatever he recommends.

Thanks for all the input!

S.

I might as well beat this horse some more.:deadhorse:

So, if I had ordered heavies from kurt or ARB I would get CS004’s (as the CS005 are considered heavy “plus”).
CS004 is what I have...so how is that a "medium" ?

Cruiserpants, you are running mediums.

Light Front = CS003F
Medium Front = CS004F
Heavy Front = CS005F

Light Rear = CS017R A+B
Medium Rear = CS004R A+B
Heavy Rear = CS005R A+B

I have been googling on the net and it appears that the terms used for the same springs differ. Some companies don't sell a light spring. They sell; medium, heavy and very heavy whereas others sell light, medium and heavy. Doesn't really matter what shops call them, its the numbers that have real meaning.

Kurt recommended CS005s (heavy +) for me as I will be running an ARB front and Kaymar rear, w/tire carrier and a roof rack. He also recommended two "A" rears, for the tire carrier on the passenger side.

He said if they're too stiff (but that didn't matter 'cuz it won't be a DD), I can always remove a leaf. That's the only difference. If you have CS004s you can simply add a leaf to make 'em CS005.

I see...and the girl at the end of the bar gets better looking with each beer - until morning that is. :grinpimp:

This is making no sense...

Last edited:
Its all semantics guys :D

Why do we call them "heavy" springs, well that what ARB calls them. However that just of the front springs... they make two heavies, a gasonline engine heavy and a diesel engine heavy load. In the rear they make a light, medium and heavy, while we tailor each suspension to the vehicle, the most common combo is the CS003F/CS017R or the CS004F/CS004R or the CS005F/CS005R. Obviously if you have some funky bias's going on, we can work something custom for you :D

Verbatim from the OME application guide:

Front:
Gas Engine Stock/Light Load 2" - CS003F
Gas Engine Heavy Load 2" - CS004F
Diesel Engine Stock/Light Load 2" - CS004F
Diesel Engine Heavy Load 2" - CS005F

Rear:
Stock/Light Load - CS017R
Medium - CS004R
Heavy Constant - CS005R

Hope that helps :D

Its all semantics guys

Nah...just cruiserantics ! Having fun.:)

"Verbatim from the OME application guide:"

Front:
Gas Engine Stock/Light Load 2" - CS003F
Gas Engine Heavy Load 2" - CS004F
Diesel Engine Stock/Light Load 2" - CS004F
Diesel Engine Heavy Load 2" - CS005F

A voice of reason, in an otherwise mad world. :cheers:

A voice of reason, in an otherwise mad world. :cheers:

Perhaps.... But I think we apply too much reason and make ourselves mad :hmm:

Anyway, I'm itchin' mad to get my CS005's clasped in my sweaty, stained fingernails...

:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom