More of a cleaning than a resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I picked up this beauty a few days ago. Today I started getting to know it. As it turns out it in pretty good shape and perfect for what my budget can handle. So in the works will be a OME 2 1/2" spring lift and some suspension repair while im under there. I will also be putting on 31" AT's of some kind.(havnt decided on brand yet) I think I am going to try to find some new seats as well. I have the original brackets for a split and might go that route. Other then that its just chipping away at the little things as money comes available. I will be spending a lot of time scouring this forum for info as well.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
fj40-1.jpg
40-1.jpg

I like it!!!

Put the new OME springs on today as well as the new tires BFG AT 31x10.5x15 with freshly painted steelies. I did run into a problem with the shocks though. As it turns out the PO took it back to "stock" from a previous SOA but left all of the shock mounts in the spot where they were moved to for the SOA. So I still have some fab work ahead of me in order for the shocks to fit correctly. Doesnt drive all that great w/out the shocks, thats for sure. But maybe next week sometime I will get it over to the shop that will be doing the metal work. Other then that its just little things here and there and drive it often.
Paul
cruiser lift.jpg
cruiser lift1.jpg

Last edited:
looks like it won't fit into the garage anymore :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom