More Newbie Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help on:

The first question I am having is, does the 100 not have a light under the hood, or am I just a blind idiot and cannot find it? It was having difficulty checking my oil last night when filling up with gas.

The second question is, under the hood over on the passengers side there is a big space that looks like something is supposed to go there. There are some factory wires with hook-ups that look standard. There are even partial holes drilled that look standard like a mounting bracket goes there. What goes there? I noticed it when looking at my antenna situation.

The third question I have is, when I first crank the LC and when I initally start to come to a stop, (it also happens periodically if I am sitting still with the vehicle in gear) I hear a motor run, for about 5 seconds or so, under the hood in front on the driver side come on. It is a little louder than I would expect it to be. What is that and is it supposed to be that loud? Is this something I should worry about and investigate further? That seems to be the general area for the brake fluid reservouir.

Thanks tremendously for any help you can provide.

can't find the dang light either...
I was told it's for a second battery when I asked...
don't hear that
E

That makes sense about the area being for a second battery. I can't belive that the LC does not have a light under the hood? Doesn't anyone else think that is strange, or does Toyota assume that you will just use a flashlight? ???

With the big shiney (some might say bling?) plastic engine cover, an underhood would cause too much glare to be of any use! :)

Hosier,
:DIf I hooked a light up to my 100 like that, my LC club membership would be pulled and I would be sent all the way down to Geo Tracker membership group. :slap:

the other one I find amazing is that for a truck of this $$, there is no memory on the seats and mirrors...
puleeeze....
or should we only marry women our exact size...? :D
E

Or should we not let our wives drive our LC's? :D

If you want (need?) a power seat with memory, buy the LX model. I'm sure the $5k or $6k difference will be well worth the pleasure of having your seat settings automatically remembered when you decide to drive home from the mall.
(My wife's RX has the feature, and it's never quite returned the seat to the same feeling, in the humble opinion of my butt. The memory button gets it close, but then I have to shift it a few times to settle it into place. They have to save some bling for the expensive nameplate, since everything mechanical is the same on TLC and LX.)

As to the faint motor sound, I've heard it, too in my '99, except I thought it sounded like it came from behind the passenger side glove box.It's got a "pump" sound to it, but I haven't really looked for the source.

LT
8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom