More new emblems... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lka1988

Beating the Highlander
Threads
Some of you may remember when I swapped the old "Toyota Land Cruiser" emblem for some from a 100...

Today, I went retro. :grinpimp:

I got two good condition emblems from an '84 FJ60 (the ones on the rear 1/4 panels) and stuck them on the fenders.

I had to trim off the little tabs on the back in order to use the 3M double-sided sticky tape stuff.

Last edited:
Here are pics:

n539070227_5672734_1422.jpg

n539070227_5672735_1930.jpg

n539070227_5672736_3093.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Great!

Here's another pic of the tabs I had to trim...

n539070227_5672792_3244.jpg

I bought a couple of those from ebay a year or two ago, was thinking of putting them in the same spot, but I kinda think I would like them at the rear quarters a little better, same place as your TRD stickers. Being that I have a pink panty version, it would really confuse the non-cruiserheads...

Nice.. I too was thinking about this, but using the older FJ40/45 front apron emblems. Not sure if I would put them on the front fenders or the rear quarters.
7c47_1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.. I too was thinking about this, but using the older FJ40/45 front apron emblems. Not sure if I would put them on the front fenders or the rear quarters.

Oooh... Those would be schweeeeet on the front.

I think with the older style I would have to bolt them on as it doesn't look like I would have as much area on the emblem for the 3M tape. This may dictate putting them on the rear quarters as I'm not sure how much access I would have on the front fender. I remember the Safari snorkel install being tight. Any pics of these emblems on the rear quarters? I do like the retro emblems from any vintage.

That looks cool, TM.

What part of SLC are you in?

Those are some super-sweet ideas for retro emblems! I just got my wife to agree that a winch would be a good investment. I'll have to start working on this after we get that installed. Rock on!!!

I just purchased a set of the FJ40/45 emblems as posted in the pic above. Now the question is do I put them on the front fenders or the rear quarters? Where ever they go they will be bolted on, so that means having access to the nuts on the back side is a concern. This being said, the rear quarters offer all kinds of room once the interior panels are removed. I'll have to take a look at the front fender mount to see if I can jam my arm through a hole in the engine compartment to gain access to these nuts.
So, Front fender or rear quarter???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom