More KDSS lean issues... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recognize that this issue has been discussed at length but I'm not certain that I don't have a different spin on it. I purchased my 2020 LC in January and drove it from Austin, TX to Big Sky, MT. At that time the previous owner had installed an OME sport lift with UCA's. When I drove it home it was running stock wheels and 33" and it drove like a dream. I had SCS wheels and Falken Wildpeaks installed and then it went haywire, pulling hard to the passenger side and leaning that way ~3/4-1". I did have an alignment done but that only helped a bit. I have tried the KDSS leveling that Ed Martin did a video on and it isn't doing anything. Is it shim time?

Just wheels and tires? I'd check to see if one of the rear springs came out of the top or bottom seats. That can make a signifcant difference.

Just wheels and tires? I'd check to see if one of the rear springs came out of the top or bottom seats. That can make a signifcant difference.
Rear springs look to be seated properly...

I'd start with the simplest of potential causes, are tires inflated correctly? rotate tires etc. Sounds like the usual suspect, it was all fine till I.... thing.

I'd start with the simplest of potential causes, are tires inflated correctly? rotate tires etc. Sounds like the usual suspect, it was all fine till I.... thing.
Fair points... I will rotate and air as needed in my shop tomorrow.

Fair points... I will rotate and air as needed in my shop tomorrow.
For some ungodly reason I tend to look for the most obscure cure and get frustrated when it's common to have a simple fix, someday I'll learn.

For some ungodly reason I tend to look for the most obscure cure and get frustrated when it's common to have a simple fix, someday I'll learn.
I would say I am susceptible to the same thing at times...

If everything checks out, I vote for a shim and another alignment. The “pulling to the passenger side” doesn’t sound like KDSS, but the lean does.
The pulling is a major concern for me. The lean, meh? I have found a few miles of spirited driving on a curvy road tends to equalize the system as it's supposed to be active and fluid.

Speaking of simple…..the pull could just be a bad tire. Even new ones can come with internal flaws. For sure do a side to side rotation and see if it pulls the other way.

Well now I’m excited to get to my shop tomorrow and swap tires!

Mine wasn't pulling but it had over 1/2" lean. Somehow the KDSS system had air in it, LC of Houston did some voodoo and it has been level ever since.

Mine wasn't pulling but it had over 1/2" lean. Somehow the KDSS system had air in it, LC of Houston did some voodoo and it has been level ever since.
Which direction was it leaning?

Edit: 1/2" is well within the published spec

Last edited:
Which direction was it leaning?

Edit: 1/2" is well within the published spec

I said over 1/2", regardless I wasn't happy with it from aesthetics standpoint and IMHO nor should anyone else be. It was leaning/lower on the passenger side.

I said over 1/2", regardless I wasn't happy with it from aesthetics standpoint and IMHO nor should anyone else be. It was leaning/lower on the passenger side.

Same with mine, everything was within spec, but nah. Not for me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom