More Detailed Snorkle Pics... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
If I remember correctly, when Patrick Wilson (of 4x4 Customs here in GA) built that snorkel on FJBen's truck we used PVC for the pass through. We simply put PVC elbows with a smaller diameter straight piece through the vent plate DS fender. The hose is from an Astrovan. The outer is all Astrovan and PVC with a ghetto dryer vent top (which works great!)
snork1.jpg
snork2.jpg
snork4.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics and info.

Do they make pvc pipeing in a rectangular shape?

Has anyone just run there air intake into the fender to pull air? I was pulling mine down the other day thought that might be viable alternative to the traditional snorkle.

I would be hesitant to pull air from the fender because part of the reason to get a snorkle is to ensure that no water/mud gets sucked in.

My fj40s intake is piped back through the firewall to under the dash. It works good because I have no top on it. Don't think it would work on a pig unless you kept a window or 2 rolled down.

E

FJ62's come from the factory taking air from inside the fender. On a 62 it makes sense - it hardly ever gets wet in there, and it also doesn't get hot, as most of the air comes from outside, not from the engine bay. Might make sense on a piggy too.

Thanks FJBen for the pics, but I still can't quite tell: how is the upper part of the snorkel attached to the A-pillar?

beaufort-fj60 said:
raingutter pipe

oooh, good idea. I'm gonna go look at that stuff - usually only in white, ivory, or brown though I think...

I think flexible drain pipe might work for the flex parts, and you can get couplers and such that allow you to cut the pipe to any length and have a clean connection...

poseidon said:
I would be hesitant to pull air from the fender because part of the reason to get a snorkle is to ensure that no water/mud gets sucked in.

This shouldn't be a problem because that is where the fresh air vent pull air from. It has a cable actuated door that opens under the dash for air. So if water/mud was a concern I don't think that would had the vents run that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom