More Detailed Snorkle Pics...

Discussion in 'FJ55 Iron Pig Preservation Society' started by FJBen, Oct 28, 2005.

1. FJBen

FJBen

Media:
    Albums:
    If I remember correctly, when Patrick Wilson (of 4x4 Customs here in GA) built that snorkel on FJBen's truck we used PVC for the pass through. We simply put PVC elbows with a smaller diameter straight piece through the vent plate DS fender. The hose is from an Astrovan. The outer is all Astrovan and PVC with a ghetto dryer vent top (which works great!)
    snork1.jpg snork2.jpg snork4.jpg

2. bonzai

bonzai

Thanks for sharing the pics and info.

Do they make pvc pipeing in a rectangular shape?

3. lingo

lingo

Has anyone just run there air intake into the fender to pull air? I was pulling mine down the other day thought that might be viable alternative to the traditional snorkle.

4. poseidon

poseidon

Media:
    Albums:
    I would be hesitant to pull air from the fender because part of the reason to get a snorkle is to ensure that no water/mud gets sucked in.

My fj40s intake is piped back through the firewall to under the dash. It works good because I have no top on it. Don't think it would work on a pig unless you kept a window or 2 rolled down.

E

5. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    FJ62's come from the factory taking air from inside the fender. On a 62 it makes sense - it hardly ever gets wet in there, and it also doesn't get hot, as most of the air comes from outside, not from the engine bay. Might make sense on a piggy too.

Thanks FJBen for the pics, but I still can't quite tell: how is the upper part of the snorkel attached to the A-pillar?

6. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
    raingutter pipe

7. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:

oooh, good idea. I'm gonna go look at that stuff - usually only in white, ivory, or brown though I think...

I think flexible drain pipe might work for the flex parts, and you can get couplers and such that allow you to cut the pipe to any length and have a clean connection...

8. lingo

lingo

This shouldn't be a problem because that is where the fresh air vent pull air from. It has a cable actuated door that opens under the dash for air. So if water/mud was a concern I don't think that would had the vents run that way

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.