1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Brake Stuff

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Eternal, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Eternal

Eternal

So just a quick update first the 70 40 mass overhaul conversion has been put on hold as I have purchased a 73 40. Now I need to get the 70 40 running as is and so I have stripped out the master and wheel cylinders(8 of them) and took the wheel cylinders in to "brake guy" to see if they needed to be honed out. They are all in pretty good condition except that I have 3 rear with 1 mismatched and 3 front and 1 mismatched and it turns out that the singles that I have are the ones for the 70 40 the other 6 belong to another year. "Brake guy" is addiment that I not set up with mismatched sized as "it's an accident waiting to happen" even though it has run that way for 12 years(yes I did have 1 wheel lock up on me a couple times in just regular braking situations) I don't want to replace 6 wheel cylinders and the 6 are significantly smaller than what the correct ones are (about 1/8" smaller bore)

Question: "Is "brake guy" over reacting to the situation or can I just get a matching cylinder to the sets of 3 I have and run with that?" This was my plan but just wanted some confirmation or correction before I proceeded. thanks

2. Eternal

Eternal

3. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    "Question: "Is "brake guy" over reacting to the situation or can I just get a matching cylinder to the sets of 3 I have and run with that?" This was my plan but just wanted some confirmation or correction before I proceeded. thanks "

Get the new ones so everything is the same, and run em...

Good luck!

-Steve

4. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    I totally agree. Just get new ones. Why futz with brakes?

5. 72FJ40

72FJ40

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">