MORE BRAKE LINE HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am hoping someone reads this, and posts up the part number for the hose that can be threaded into the caliper, negating the need for the jumper tube to the caliper from the backing plate, the factory brake hose, and mounting a brake line to the rotor backing plate...as I have searched, and have not been able to come up with it...

Thanks for the help!!!

-Steve

not 100% sure what you have going, but sounds like you just need to run to local racing shop, purchase eyelets to like -3 line, few short -3 lines, then adapters to what ever hard line you have.

Mini brake line fittings were alot easier to find then cruiser lines where. different thread.

chances are you will not find a line that threads into your calipers, they always have a compression fitting there. maybe but highly doubtful.

maybe $20 to $30 a side.

I have been told, and read out here SOMEPLACE, that there is a rubber brake line that will thread directly into the Toyota Land Cruiser or Mini-truck caliper, so that you will not have to use the mount on the rotor shield, or the little steel tube and has female metric threads on the other end, so that you can thread a steel line into it.

On my red truck, I am using -4 fittings and stainless hoses to the GM calipers, that I have on all four corners, this is for another project...

Thanks!

well i would suggest a rear line like off of my 79 fj40. it would need only one copper washer for the compression side which is male and then it is female on the other side. Only problem is length at 10 1/8 inches, and fitting to actually go into the caliper?

UBP36937 napa number $16.49

just trying to help :) rubber is over rated, LOL

i do have one laying around if i find it tomorrow i will see if it can go into a caliper.

I appreciate it man, no foul air here.

Just frustrated, I know that I have read this a dozen times, and can not for the life of me find it out here...

The whole idea is to get rid of the brake lines on the rotor shield... and to just run one hose...

I have a 4Runner at the shop that I did this too, but can not find any info on that either...

Thanks man!

-Steve

I think I found something!!!!

http://www.marlincrawler.com/brake.html

The male end on that one in the picture looks like it will thread right into the caliper, and has the flare in the end to make the seal!!!

WHHOOO WHHOO

Will be calling Mr. Mariln in the 'mornin!

-Steve

dude...check the "cruiser facts" corner. There are two part numbers in there for brake lines to eliminate the backing plate. I've got the shorter of the two installed on my rig (well, one side anyways...hehehe) and it works great.

Now why would I look there????

THANKS BRIAN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom