More aggressive tires/rims. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a '99 LC and it's time for tires and i was thinking about a more aggressive stance without getting in to a lift kit. I get out in to the backroads around here but nothing too crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm on stock rims w 275/70/16's now. I've heard 285/75/16's is my biggest option without getting a lift kit. I like this look a lot of this pic i pulled off of the internet but have no idea of the sizing...

20200420_080450.jpg

Those rims on the truck are Stealth Custom Series (SCS) F5 rims. Which in the 5x150 thread only come in 16. So you are looking at stock size for tires there or the aforementioned 285/75 variant. You COULD do yourself a torsion bar lift with a spacer in the rear springs to give yourself a psuedo lift without actually purchasing a lift kit. This would allow you to do something slightly bigger (but not much).

Rims are a very personal and aesthetic thing, so you are pretty much left up to your own devices there for what you want and think looks good.

I just put Tundra 20's on my LX with 275 /55 R20 and 2" spacers. BARELY rubs the inner fender liner when backing and turning.
6CBB9B0E-63F1-42EC-AB97-90C7F2330E36.JPG
IMG_6389.JPG

285/75/16 BFG ATs look pretty sweet. I have stock wheels now but I'd like to just get some black steelies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom