SOLD Monterey ca: 1968/ Toyota/fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
1968 Toyota Land Cruiser fj40

This fj40 has been upgraded for daily driver use as well as off road competency. Cosmetics were never a consideration with this land cruiser, it has an old paint job and a few funky little rust spots on the corners of tub and door sills, but is very solid , straight and stock overall. Never wrecked and clean California title.

It has its original engine 5x,xxx miles, but upgraded to headers and a Webber carburetor. The transmission is a Toyota 5 speed, making it much more drivable on highway than the original 3 speed. Also power steering has been added as well as an onboard air compressor. It has rear bumper/swing out tire carrier/rack and roof rack, and a front bumper with warn winch. Lifted using OME springs and shackles. The tires are 35”bfg. It has a full roll cage.

The windshield wipers don’t work (wasn’t a problem in the desert) there is an antenna hole in the roof plugged with a beer cap and silicone and the window rubber is cracked. The stock seats were replaced with later model Toyota bucket seats.

The cruiser runs perfectly and functions as it should. Don’t let the rough exterior fool you, this is a well built truck and drives like a brand new tractor!

I’ve decided to leave this in its present condition, personally I think it’s dripping with charm and ,shoot, who doesn’t need a steel vise mounted to your bumper?! It’s just got that utility/desert rat feel. It is a serious trail rig, and always draws a crowd.

The only cut on the truck is for the fresh air intake. The rear doors and lid are complete. All glass is good (pretty sure it’s original) the interior and dash are complete and original (minus seats)

This was my dads, it was bone stock until 15 years ago when he started to make improvements. it has had very little use in that time. He never abused it, using it around town and in a couple weekend jeep trips.

Guessing 2k miles in the last 10 years. The cruiser has been in the family since 1999ish.

I am asking $30,000. I would consider partial trade for a full size 4x4 work truck (no big lift, gas engine, not crew cab)

text - eight 31-62zero-two513

I will be able to add interior/ engine bay pics when I get it home next week.

76D7E455-4F20-47E3-836B-D4342040F74A.jpeg

E03F8624-E9D2-49DE-B31E-4A1D30C80DD1.jpeg

50FF02AF-100C-42F6-912C-7D4E93A9805D.jpeg

C931117E-14D4-426E-9738-44A155227011.jpeg

1968 Toyota Land Cruiser fj40

This fj40 has been upgraded for daily driver use as well as off road competency. Cosmetics were never a consideration with this land cruiser, it has an old paint job and a few funky little rust spots on the corners of tub and door sills, but is very solid , straight and stock overall. Never wrecked and clean California title.

It has its original engine 5x,xxx miles, but upgraded to headers and a Webber carburetor. The transmission is a Toyota 5 speed, making it much more drivable on highway than the original 3 speed. Also power steering has been added as well as an onboard air compressor. It has rear bumper/swing out tire carrier/rack and roof rack, and a front bumper with warn winch. Lifted using OME springs and shackles. The tires are 35”bfg. It has a full roll cage.

The windshield wipers don’t work (wasn’t a problem in the desert) there is an antenna hole in the roof plugged with a beer cap and silicone and the window rubber is cracked. The stock seats were replaced with later model Toyota bucket seats.

The cruiser runs perfectly and functions as it should. Don’t let the rough exterior fool you, this is a well built truck and drives like a brand new tractor!

I’ve decided to leave this in its present condition, personally I think it’s dripping with charm and ,shoot, who doesn’t need a steel vise mounted to your bumper?! It’s just got that utility/desert rat feel. It is a serious trail rig, and always draws a crowd.

The only cut on the truck is for the fresh air intake. The rear doors and lid are complete. All glass is good (pretty sure it’s original) the interior and dash are complete and original (minus seats)

This was my dads, it was bone stock until 15 years ago when he started to make improvements. it has had very little use in that time. He never abused it, using it around town and in a couple weekend jeep trips.

Guessing 2k miles in the last 10 years. The cruiser has been in the family since 1999ish.

I am asking $30,000. I would consider partial trade for a full size 4x4 work truck (no big lift, gas engine, not crew cab)

text - eight 31-62zero-two513

I will be able to add interior/ engine bay pics when I get it home next week.

View attachment 2698808

View attachment 2698809

View attachment 2698810

View attachment 2698811
Nice looking rig just the way it is. GLWS!

Ok! I ended up postponing my trip because of the heat wave , finally went last week to pick it up. I drove it 400 miles home, I cannot express my appreciation for that 5 speed enough! Here are a few first pics of the rust.
After my drive back I would like to correct a few things from OP
Speedo does not work
Needs front brake line.
95FD95DD-2D44-4F9A-8DDB-6128D6ABF771.jpeg
62C299F9-EE98-4CFC-A78B-E7EEC01485DF.jpeg
1AC7DB35-FB0A-481E-8FB0-5CF1A8C292E4.jpeg
D4B6C042-E93D-4E35-B894-269F03BBB5EC.jpeg

Hi @ratJ40. It could possibly help your sale if you elaborated on the 5speed conversion. From what I am seeing in the interior shot, the shifter makes it look like you have a Toyota mini-truck 5speed in this thing? Or, is it the H55f? I've yet to see a minitruck 5 speed adapted between an F series engine and the TLC transfer case, I think the H55f is the only 5speed option that would work if you indeed have the F engine and TLC transfercase. Good luck with your sale.

I got a couple pics, interior at shifter and underside. I can’t see any markings. I am pretty sure my dad bought the 5sp from spectre.
0CBDCD05-9DAA-41E5-B382-C4DE9038EE87.jpeg

79DD2A35-3952-4B02-8DFA-48B73F828E2A.jpeg

057B7A00-DF9E-4489-B754-6E6AA136B279.jpeg

Judging by the pic I’m saying it definitely IS a H55f. Dang I think this might be the worst ad ever on this site!😂thanks again!
Hi @ratJ40. It could possibly help your sale if you elaborated on the 5speed conversion. From what I am seeing in the interior shot, the shifter makes it look like you have a Toyota mini-truck 5speed in this thing? Or, is it the H55f? I've yet to see a minitruck 5 speed adapted between an F series engine and the TLC transfer case, I think the H55f is the only 5speed option that would work if you indeed have the F engine and TLC transfercase. Good luck with your sale.

Ok, still haven’t had anyone come see this ! I’m flexible on price, are there any pics y’all want to see?

I drove past it on the 1 on my way to Monterey last week. I would have stopped to check it out if there were even a remote possibility I could buy a Cruiser any time soon. Doesn't seem like your price is too far off for the year, mods, and condition; I can't believe you haven't had any lookers at all. Please don't part it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom