Monstalining my project Need help deciding color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, tried asking this question in the original thread detailing my rear wheel well stretch and fender flare stretch but nobody has bit yet.

I am going to monstaline 1/2 an inch further around than where the flares sit, the flares will be lined and the the rockers, front trim under the grill and the bottom 1/3 of the doors will get lined, basically from the rockers to the first body line above them. My cruiser is white...ish.

QUESTION: Do I use white monstaliner as I originally planned, or do I do it in black?
Chime in and get this pole going. I will order on the first of November.

I'd vote Grey...... and do the bumpers to match.....I'm using the light tan for my roof next weekend - love the stuff........

I need to read your thread on the fender mod......

I wouldn't have even thought of gray. Good input keep it coming

Pyroclastic

657558d1376571936t-introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-pyro-ext-134.jpg

657557d1376571936t-introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-pyro-ext-132.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414153772.629325.jpg

White on top, it's super bright in the sun, blinding actually.

Sans panties in the middle. I thought it would have come out a little lighter, like it had a little more yellow tint to it. It's pretty much an avacado color/olive drab.

6 coats of black on the bottom. I did the white and black first. When I taped the lines for the green i overlapped the existing colors about 1/16".

I really like the pyroclastic and desert sand colors. If I was choosing another color it would be one of those.

I would go with Pyro, including the bumpers, sliders and then powedercoat your wheels a gun metal color.

I just finished monstalining my truck in toyota army green...had it custom tinted by Eric of monstaliner.
DSC_0116 (2).JPG
DSC_0117 (2).JPG
DSC_0124 (2).JPG

Love those colors and choices... Does the white roof help reduce inside temps or did you go with white for the looks?

Did you guys spray or roll on the liner?

@mryanangel- Love the green!

I went pyroclastic.
Here's my '85 XtraCab I Monstalined a few months ago.

27494-1410368425-898f69a30cd64c978cbfe22d6a5e87dd.jpg

Love those colors and choices... Does the white roof help reduce inside temps or did you go with white for the looks?

Did you guys spray or roll on the liner?

About 50/50. I think it helps a little with the heat. When I put a rack on it should help even more. I also liked the look of it.

I rolled mine on. It's less messy than spraying (if that's even possible). I think spraying will give you a more uniform texture, but it won't be the same as with rolling. At different angles and lighting you can see roll marks.

That pyroclastic is awesome! is that a new color? I didnt see that a few months ago when I ordered paint chips.

Pyroclastic

657558d1376571936t-introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-pyro-ext-134.jpg

657557d1376571936t-introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-pyro-ext-132.jpg
I like the gray idea, so I'm thinking it's more like a toss up between gray and white now, although I really like that Toyota Army green and Neal0124's scheme. I'm just trying to keep it simple looking, afterall that was the point of going through all the trouble trimming

Hoping to have this thing done and out of the garage by NOVEMBER 10th. Hopefully it ships fast.

My truck in Pyroclastic

LCtracks001_zpsfdd2482b.jpg

They only ship ground. I ordered mine a few days ago. It will take 8 days from the time of order to AZ. My truck is all taped and ready to go for the deflare.
Well that Sh*ts on my parade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom