Monstalining my project Need help deciding color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 80 was emerald green 6M1, which I did not like. I did not attempt to match the color, but rather to replace it with a color I did like...the Army green.

IMO, if you aren't lining the entire truck i monstaliner, then you are better off picking a color that compliments, rather than matches, the paint that will remain visible.

My 80 was emerald green 6M1, which I did not like. I did not attempt to match the color, but rather to replace it with a color I did like...the Army green.

IMO, if you aren't lining the entire truck i monstaliner, then you are better off picking a color that compliments, rather than matches, the paint that will remain visible.
this was my thought, i went with desert tan, as my truck was orig white, blends well without to much contrast . imo.

I vote white. I was originally going to two tone my 97, then I polished the faded old paint and gave it a coat of wax. Then I thought to myself " Self, that truck looks pretty good in white when the paints shined up." It definately made up my mind to go with all white. Plus it will match your door jambs so that won't look goofey.

I would go with grey or black.

I have a beige metallic 80 that has very minor rust on two of the doors. I'm going to do the bottoms of the doors (from where the moulding is, I'm removing the moulding). I'm thinking of going WWII OD Green or Pyroclastic. Do you think a gallon is enough for the four doors? I'm thinking of taking the fender flares off at this point too.

I've been contemplating this for years. I always wanted to go a NATO tan but that grey is making me think twice super nice looking!

this was my thought, i went with desert tan, as my truck was orig white, blends well without to much contrast . imo.
Retro do you have pics of the white and tan?

Retro do you have pics of the white and tan?
photo1.JPG
photo1.JPG

2014 - June - Land Cruiser Painted 003.JPG

Not sure what's up the attached, can't edit them to look right, but you get the point. Base is white, whole thing painted, EXCEPT the door jams, etc. So low contrast when they are open if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking of painting my whole truck dessert sand color, I really like the look of the 80 with the flares, how come nobody else put them back on?
Mine are still in good condition except the gaskets are shrinking and starting to fall off, I don't mind doing some rock crawling but I'm building my rig more for camping.
@retrofive what color would you paint your wheels to match? I have 10 OEM wheels, 4 are sand blasted and sitting around my garage. I'm thinking might as well go dessert sand.

Last edited:
not sure. making some tire changes, so have to go to 17's and havent decided what.

I'm digging this blue color but prefer a lighter color to beat the heat.
I also dig the camo 80 below, it breaks away from the norm.

blue80_zps95cf9d63.jpg

80camo_zpsb31b7048.jpg

Last edited:

Edit.... Didn't see the posts below (or now above) when I quoted ya.

Let's see some picks, I'm digging desert tan as a throw back to 40's and 60's add a white top for bonus pts.

Last edited:
Edit.... Didn't see the posts below (or now above) when I quoted ya.

Let's see some picks, I'm digging desert tan as a throw back to 40's and 60's add a white top for bonus pts.
Friend is borrowing my 80. I will post some pics tomorrow when I get it back.

what do you remove for the prep? tape around the windows or remove the rubber gasket?

This thread got off topic quick Lol! Two tone, white cruiser with light gray monstaliner, white cruiser with black monstaliner, or white with white monstaliner? Have 5 days left until I order it.

i think my 80 is the same color, that dark greenish color, I'm going to line the whole car, that army green is a really nice color. I may just have to try that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom