Monstaliner missing rollers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After waiting ten days for my Monstaliner to arrive so I can finish my truck, that is all taped off and not drivable, my box arrived today. The roller kit was missing. I called Magnet Paints and advised them of the missing roller kit. They were less than caring about the mix up and said they would get it out in a day or two UPS ground. I do not want to wait 10 more days to finish my truck. So my question is are the rollers just normal texture rollers that I can get at Home Depot? I have never seen the rollers in person but online they don't look like anything special.

Thanks
Shawn

I have not seen anything close to the rollers that you get in the kit. They are a open cell foam that is not like any other that I have seen at any of the big box home improvement stores. IMO.

They look more like a sea sponge than a regular paint roller, a very open plastic mesh than a fiber.

This is close to the monstaliner product, but the home depot item is a bit more open than the one from your missing kit
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-4-in-roller-Kit-4-piece-20118/203194605

I ended up using some of these as the ones from the kit frankly suck. They leave little bits everywhere in the finish and were very frustrating to use. If you use the ones from the depot, use extra care for too heavy of a coat / runs.

I've been waiting until today to order mine. Which is 2 weeks since I sent magnet paints an email requesting info. Not like I'm asking for a lot of info either and there has been no response. I was considering Al's or Raptor tintable also, now I'm worried because I just ordered my liner and then saw this post. I hope they do right and make sure I get everything I ordered, because I won't wait that amount of time to receive stuff that should have been there to begin with. If a business acted like that with me I would lose my sh@t on them and file a complaint with the BBB. I don't stand for crap service when I'm paying good money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom