Monstaliner Bedliner (11 Viewers)

HMM

This stuff is amazing, I've added 4-5 dents and tons of scrapes and the monstaliner is holding up great! Sadly the rear quarters, tail lights and headlights aren't as tough...lol Got my front bumper installed so hopefully my quads will hold up better moving forward.

I sanded the grill and quad buckets with 180grit and sprayed them with satin black to keep with the black out theme (krylon colormaxx - after spraying with self etching green primer).

Lights.jpg
Dents.jpg
Quads.jpg

musthave

😂
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Unfortunately after speaking with the guys at Monstaliner today, it seems the product may have met its fate.

They are no longer able to source the mixture. They are looking for a new company, but with the Covid, they have had no luck. They have no product available currently. They didn't sound very optimistic. That's sad to hear. It was a great product, IMHO.

sxp

Unfortunately after speaking with the guys at Monstaliner today, it seems the product may have met its fate.

They are no longer able to source the mixture. They are looking for a new company, but with the Covid, they have had no luck. They have no product available currently. They didn't sound very optimistic. That's sad to hear. It was a great product, IMHO.

Hopefully this is just a setback, and they will figure something out. I'd hate to be forced into another product.

HMM

A buddy of mine used raptor liner and when he hit something it flaked off. I have hit several things and monstaliner has held strong. After seeing them both in action I'll take monstaliner hands down. (even though I liked his texture and feel a little better)

Old Nick

SILVER Star

This is terrible news. Monstaliner is an excellent product. I needed to order more to finish my paint job. This was back in July. At that point, their U.S. supplier for the paint activator/hardener had gone belly up, and they were forced to source it from Germany. Their order was held up on the East Coast for something like 6 weeks, but they did get my order to me. Must have got my order in just in time.

All of this makes me hate the 'rona that much more. I'm no statistician, but I recall reading a horrifying statistic recently: 60 percent of small American companies that were shuttered as a result of Covid mitigation haven't re-opened. F the 'rona!

MONSTALINERTM Roll-On Truck Bed Liner short version SDS

This the only one I could find so far. Does anyone have a full version?

It looks like a 2K urethane that uses isocyanates. I also make high performance coatings for architectural applications, e.g. bridges, window frames, etc. etc. that have to last for >50 years. I can formulate something even tougher for automotive applications. Sourcing components for coatings and resins has gotten tough the last year. You need to be able to adapt to the changes in what is available to work with. Lots of these old formulations were developed years ago and the chemist has long retired.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Website
trail-tailor.com

Resin shortages worldwide. I've used ML many many times and feel for Erik and the company.

Unfortunately, I have to move on to another product for my customers. I'll post a complete review in about 2 weeks.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom