Monongahela National Forest historic weather data for a proposed camping location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a camping location I plan to visit in early September at the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia. In warmer weather I always camp in locations that have a lake or river as my dog doesn't tolerate the heat very well and needs the water to cool off, but this location does not have that.

I am hoping early September will be cool but thought I'd try to check some type of historical weather data for that area but not finding anything. I believe I'll be around 4,000 feet elevation, and for comparison I live at 600 feet where I know early September can still be warm. I haven't done enough mountain camping to know if 4000 feet is an automatic no-brainer gonna-be-cool weather or not. Ideally it will be mild and something like 70's during the day.

Any guidance on how to research historic weather for something like this?

I have a camping location I plan to visit in early September at the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia. In warmer weather I always camp in locations that have a lake or river as my dog doesn't tolerate the heat very well and needs the water to cool off, but this location does not have that.

I am hoping early September will be cool but thought I'd try to check some type of historical weather data for that area but not finding anything. I believe I'll be around 4,000 feet elevation, and for comparison I live at 600 feet where I know early September can still be warm. I haven't done enough mountain camping to know if 4000 feet is an automatic no-brainer gonna-be-cool weather or not. Ideally it will be mild and something like 70's during the day.

Any guidance on how to research historic weather for something like this?

I was just in Spruce Knob WV last week. Temps were in the high 40s at night and mid to high 60s in the day. When we dropped down to normal elevation temps were in the 80s. We were there about 5 years ago in mid July and temps hit mid 30s at night. You should be safe in September but the weather has been pretty unpredictable lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom