money gone!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm spending money like Charlie Sheen in a whorehouse on the the 60 right now. So with that weighing heavily on my mind, I called the dealership about the rings/springs that seal the horns on the ends of the exhaust manifold and was told $20x4 & $10x4- ahhrrgg! I can't take it anymore!!! Is there any other option? One of the horns just fell off when I pulled it, the other was on fairly well.

if charlie dont mind loosing a few million an episode he probably dont mind giving you few thousand for 60 repairs

I'm spending money like Charlie Sheen in a whorehouse on the the 60 right now. So with that weighing heavily on my mind, I called the dealership about the rings/springs that seal the horns on the ends of the exhaust manifold and was told $20x4 & $10x4- ahhrrgg! I can't take it anymore!!! Is there any other option? One of the horns just fell off when I pulled it, the other was on fairly well.

I know what you mean! I had an 85 Toyota 4x4 PU I bought new, in 25 years and near 500k miles, I had to pull my wallet out twice for major repairs, 1 for $600. to rebuild the head(by choice), installed oversized SS valves and a TRD S1 cam. The second time was for a crawler/Trans from Marlin @ $1700.

In less than one year with my 62, I'm at around $1500. and thats just on preventative maintenance. I'm hoping to get 300K before I need an Engine or trans.:D

Welcome to the world of 25 year old Heavy Duty 4x4s ....

If the rings/springs on the horns are not blown out or burned thru, you can use a bit of High-temp permatex when you reinstall - Others have said it won't hold up to the exhaust temps, but I did it a couple of years ago and it's still fine.

The K&W copper coat would be even better.

Where do the springs go? Haven't seen them in the disassembly, like they burned away...

Each side should have one spring, one ring, thus the two notches in each horn. If you search you should find a picture.

well i think im missing a few things but if you can buy separate parts you can have these for the shipping...
P1010001.jpg
P1010002.jpg

How do you get these things off? (That's a question for Charlie Sheen for sure... on many levels...)

You are driving an antique. Everything about its feeding is going to cost you money.

Either that is a reality for you and you accept it, or you figure out a way to subsist on the way you feed your truck.

It's all about a notion of feeding a habit or drug.

Found this quote in another thread from 2016 about seat covers. Thought is was fitting here.

Found this quote in another thread from 2016 about seat covers. Thought is was fitting here.
So true. 91 octane means hotdogs for dinner rather than steak and potatoes some times! But seriously, how do you get those rings off the horns?

dont go to the dealer for those.. go to @beno and get a mud discount

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom