Momentary switch that fits in dash blank on right hand side of steering column. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to find a switch that fits nicely in the blank. A nice momentary toggle that is illuminated would be perfect.
Failing that I'll just get a regular round momentary switch and drill a hole in the blank to mount it.

Trying to find a switch that fits nicely in the blank. A nice momentary toggle that is illuminated would be perfect.
Failing that I'll just get a regular round momentary switch and drill a hole in the blank to mount it.

or

details and photos matter here ..........

if you have a 62 i have exactly what your inquiring about NOS

if a 60

non-illuminated .......

but yes also

momentary

I don't think you'll find a switch that will fit the blank. An alternative to drilling out the blank is to use this Fj60 Dash Pocket Switch Panel - https://cruiserhead.com/products/fj60-dash-pocket-panel and then you can easily find a switch that plugs perfectly into the hole.

This fellow from the above link also does custom parts. Kinda maybe gets above and beyond what you are wanting to do here OP, but an option:

@ChaserFJ60 is good people and if a solution can be found, he is the guy to find it.

That said, a switch blank with a hole in it would likely be easier. My truck does not have that switch location so not sure if this would fit the same there but I used a factory rear defrost switch to run some aux lights. Its not exactly momentary as its a push on/push off setup, but is backlit. HTH.

Last edited:

or

details and photos matter here ..........

if you have a 62 i have exactly what your inquiring about NOS

if a 60

non-illuminated .......

but yes also

momentary
1987 FJ60. There is a large blank with gray plug. The gray plug has a blank that is recessed and has smaller black plug. The recess is what is making this hard.
Illuminated is not that important.

I use that spot for cruise control. Really any rectangular (non fj60 or early 80s corolla) toyota switch will fit in there. you might have to pop out the plastic square shaped part and flip it 180 to orient the switch right ways up but other than that, no issues!

Y5W2Dp1l.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom