Momentary switch in center console coin slot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota made a switch for the 1980s era mini trucks in the USA that fit the center console punchouts exactly. Made to fit. I put three of them in there. Have no idea where to get them now, but there were zillions of them Installed in their zillions of mini trucks.
But as stated above, that place in the console isn't an ideal location for switches. It's easy to accidentally hit the switch down there, and if that switch needs to be used on & off while driving, it requires using your right hand- which then isn't available to shift.
I had wired offroad lights to a switch in the console but found that when I needed to flip them off was often at the same time I needed to shift, so it kinda was a juggle at times. After having them on my cruiser for 25 years, my conclusion was... That's not a good location for a switch

Last edited:
I had a 1986 4Runner that had a monetary in the dash right next to the steering column
that would bump the starter as a traction aid, pretty sure it came in all the manual trans Runners in that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom