Mombasa Rain Fly (project) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[Subscribed]

Very interested in a "new" rain fly also.

Well, it takes 6 yards of material to make one and at $9.50 a yard for the Super K-Kote Ripstop 140 Denier w/ 1.5 oz pvc coating fabric, $25 in misc clips, alluminum plate, webbing, thread, etc., and $20 for the Spring poles. If you do the math it would be quite a bit more just in materials than that to pull one together.

Makes perfect sense...

Sign me up for 1. That would be way easier than doing it myself.

dooode, get a prototype sent to china and mass these.

Last edited:
So sorry for the Major delay! Have not been to this side of the site in a very long time. I have so many projects going right now, but I will try and see what I need to do to get this produced as a package. Give me a few weeks..

Zane

So sorry for the Major delay! Have not been to this side of the site in a very long time. I have so many projects going right now, but I will try and see what I need to do to get this produced as a package. Give me a few weeks..

Zane

AWESOME!

Any new info? Camping season is right around the corner :)

I was looking for a roof tent for the same reason. Came on this thread and want to be in line for this set up. It looks great Zane.

Zane, my ladder (the upgrade like yours) is wider than the tent when in the storage mode... did you shorten yours or am I missing something.

In other words, when I fold up the tent/ladder the ladder hangs off one side by about 4 inches. Did yours? How did you rectify it?

Thanks man, I am making my rainfly this fall for the RTT... going to try the sunbrella fabric as I have a bunch laying around.

Skillet.
In the frist couple pics where are you camping?
tent looks great.

Skillet.
In the frist couple pics where are you camping? By the river that is.
tent looks great.

would lioke to buy one as well

Last edited:
Old post, Looking for an upgrade fly too!!!

Cheers,
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom