Molle Seat & Attic by Blue Ridge Overland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
Big thumbs up for Blue Ridge Overland Gear's Molle Seatback and Attic ceiling net:

IMG_0239.JPG

All of my use-specific radios now have a spot on the passenger seat-back within easy reach as driver... (Airport/plane, CB, Two-way to hand someone in a driving duo...one to soon be replaced by a HAM handheld unit). Also an easy to grab pair of binocs, and other quick grab bag... Very secure, and easy to remove as a whole unit in about 5 seconds.

IMG_0240.JPG

The "Attic" is great too. Not elastic, so you can adjust without worry of droop.
Also has paracord that can be easily adjusted...for giving damp items a chance to dry without getting against the headliner. No mirror obstruction. Built-in leeway in the material for loading up (slack that bulges UPWARD when empty rather than downward where it might have obstructed or annoy backseat folks.

Great quality stuff that is well thought out.
I'll be ordering a second molle for driver's seat now that I know it works well.

Here are links if you are interested:

Landcruiser Attic

MOLLE Seat-Back Panel 14''x22''

Last edited:
Ive been eyeing the attic. I like it

I dig it. What were the issues you were having with mounting the seat panel?

No issue, really. With normal install, it would hit the butt of a passenger if simply wrapped around bottom of seat as I think they intend for most bucket seats. But it's easy to get around this since the LC seat back has a hard plastic piece in the lower, back portion that allows you to feed the entire lower strap *through* the seat...and just leave it there and out of the way if you want to quickly remove the full panel. It's perfect, because no long lower strap is left dangling from the full unit when removed since the straps detach completely by unsnapping both sides...but you retain the handy strap at the top to carry the whole thing, since the headrest strap stays attached on one side at the top. So reattaching the top one after removal gives you essentially a carry handle for the entire setup.

I'll try to grab a photo to explain better.

Last edited:
I think I see what you mean. Basically just angled the strap down instead of horizontal across the seat?

Actually the angle stays almost the same. It just goes forward and then into the seat and through...instead of forward and around to the front, sitting at the bottom under the passenger--which, when tightened, would be noticed under them.

Last edited:
These will explain the attachment points for easy removal/re-attaching...

IMG_0247.JPG

I should have noted here that the bottom strap detaches from both sides...

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

Last edited:
Ive been using this for a while. I like it. Made by the same guys

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics on how you routed the lower strap. I'm definitely going to do that assuming my 2016 seat backs are the same. And, like you, I'm going to order a second one so I have one on the back of both front seats. And, yes, the attic works great.

I've had the seat back Molle from Blue Ridge for a few years. Also convenient for your car seat-bound kids to reach items without bothering you.

Just curious if those radios are going to fall out if you flip the seat all the way up? Looks like they have little bunjee cords to prevent that.

Just curious if those radios are going to fall out if you flip the seat all the way up? Looks like they have little bunjee cords to prevent that.

I'd be more concerned about falling out myself if the front seat is flipped up to the point that the radios take a dive.

I'd be more concerned about falling out myself if the front seat is flipped up to the point that the radios take a dive.

I meant when you flip the second row seats up against the front seats.....Do the seats not flip up the same way in an LC as they do in an LX? I'm pretty sure they're the same.

It could be. But anything stored on my seat back panels will be protected by the rear entertainment screens which will bear the full force of the 2nd row rolliing forward. :doh: So those yuge RES displays can serve as backside seat protectors.

@DeckerT4R It looks like @Markuson has it strapped to the passenger's front seat, so no flipping on that one, BUT if were to affix to the second row, I can totally see what you mean by losing stuff when flipped up. I wonder if there are straps that go over the top of those pockets to hold stuff in them. I was thinking the same when removing the whole thing... whether the radios would fall out if not strapped in.

@DeckerT4R It looks like @Markuson has it strapped to the passenger's front seat, so no flipping on that one, BUT if were to affix to the second row, I can totally see what you mean by losing stuff when flipped up. I wonder if there are straps that go over the top of those pockets to hold stuff in them. I was thinking the same when removing the whole thing... whether the radios would fall out if not strapped in.

Wow I totally missed that. My bad Ha I was thinking second row. I'd like one on the second row seat back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom