Mojave National Preserve Recommendations Sought (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I am headed to Mojave National Preserve in SoCal in a couple weeks, and I am seeking suggestions for good trails and campgrounds for my 80 Series there. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'd love to find some secluded spots to wheel and camp, I'm not that interested in the designated campgrounds.

Thanks in advance.

Hey All,

I am headed to Mojave National Preserve in SoCal in a couple weeks, and I am seeking suggestions for good trails and campgrounds for my 80 Series there. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'd love to find some secluded spots to wheel and camp, I'm not that interested in the designated campgrounds.

Thanks in advance.
Doing the full Mojave Trail is a fun trip and fairly remote. Great scenery, not very technical, and plenty of camping spots away from the crowds.

Doing the full Mojave Trail is a fun trip and fairly remote. Great scenery, not very technical, and plenty of camping spots away from the crowds.
Is this what you're talking about?

That's the one.

Did the "Road" in '84 or '85. Watch weather! Soda lake can be treacherous after a rain! Use two vehicles and communications are a MUST! Be careful in Afton Canyon to leave enough space between vehicles to pull out if a train comes. Carry water AND firewood. Stayed at Zzyzx while in grad school doing herp surveys. Take a compass (or GPS) for crossing Soda Lake.

I sure hope your "herp studies" in grad school was referring to herpetology.

You might get better answers posting in the ‘Trails-Events-Expeditions’ thread. Quite a few write up‘s there about the Mojave Road trail....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom