Mojave Desert fun day... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shahram

I ain't got herpes no more.
Threads
This weekend, went driving in the El Paso Mountains, Mojave Desert. It was 115ºF at the trailhead.

IMG_0028.jpg

A/C was cranking the whole way up on the freeway, but decided to quit on me when we slowed down on the trail. I had my buddy in his Tacoma, his wife, her twin, and their thirteen year old cousin from Houston who wanted to go 'wheeling and shoot some guns.

IMG_0007.jpg

Engine temp started rising, so we rolled down the windows and turned up the heater. Whoo-hoo was that hot! But it's a dry heat, right? Yeah, so's my oven, you don't see me stickin' my head in there!

IMG_0005.jpg

The Mojave was surprisingly green for the temp and time of year, probably a biproduct of the plentiful rains earlier this year. Aside from no A/C and touchy coolant issues, my lockers were really sticky. Apparently, sticky locker actuators get even stickier when it's hotter than the Seventh Layer of Hell.

IMG_0024.jpg

Aside from complete dunkings in ice cold cooler water, clothing choices made a huge difference in comfort. My safari clothes were very comfortable and wicked the sweat from my body. I was also thankful for the Kuffiyah (A-rab-Do-Rag) that my brother-in-law brought me back from Elat, Israel. I used to wear an Israeli-Army issue "boonie" hat, but this thing was WAAAAAY more comfortable. My head felt like there was an air conditioning unit attached to it. It's a brilliant piece of clothing. So I guess you could say I switched sides! :flipoff2:
AraPHAT!
IMG_0029.jpg

Nice pics man...

I miss that area a lot...I used to drive through DV all the time....

Thanks for sharing.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom