Events/Trails Mojave Trail Novemeber 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah

Hey so I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned that a BLM Ranger rolled up on them and asked for their permit while on the Mojave Rd. Apparently if you have more than 7 rigs or 25 people in a group your supposed to contact BLM and get a ~$65 extortion pass, er I mean group permit when traveling the Mojave Rd and I assume any BLM camping. Crazy how you have to rent your own public land? I will look into it more and see what BLM says.

Please do so!

Well, I have called BLM and the Mojave National Preserve (3 or 4 times now) and emailed them both with no answer or response, so I don't know how to go about getting the application for a permit (since it isn't available online)? If I don't hear back at least we can say we tried???:rolleyes:

I'm practicing my best " I don't know those guy's but look they're driving Land Cruisers too" manta. :grinpimp:

Is the Special Use Permit at the bottom of the link what you are looking for?????

It could be I tried opening it but there was a problem with the document and it won't open. From what I read a lot of the special permits are for events where your using the land to make money (i.e. shooting commercials or charging participants for following along). Those have to be files 180 days before the event, so if thats the case we'd be SOL anyway.

Good News, I finally heard back from BLM and No Permit Required if we aren't charging any money.

Flores, Deborah <dmflores@blm.gov>
9:53 AM (18 minutes ago)
to me

If you are not charging money, you do not need a permit.
On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:10 AM Barstow_FO_Web, BLM_CA <blm_ca_barstow_fo_web@blm.gov> wrote:
Lillie Cooper
Administrative Support Assistant
(760) 252-6000
Bureau of Land Management -Barstow Field Office
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311

Excellent!

Running this by the wife. I will have just taken all thee boys to the T&S by myself so should have some point racked up.... hoping... dreaming... I can make it.

Good News, I finally heard back from BLM and No Permit Required if we aren't charging any money.

Flores, Deborah <dmflores@blm.gov>
9:53 AM (18 minutes ago)
to me

If you are not charging money, you do not need a permit.
On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:10 AM Barstow_FO_Web, BLM_CA <blm_ca_barstow_fo_web@blm.gov> wrote:
Thanks for taking the point on this issue Justin!! :clap:

I was talking to @MTN RNR yesterday and he was able to get a hold of the Mojave NPS and they do require a permit. I don't know if we want to run this though the club or just have an individual complete the application. We could just say we are doing this for First Amendment purposes and avoid the fees! We can discuss this tomorrow at the meeting.

Attachments

• NPS Application for Special Use Permit.pdf
    522.8 KB · Views: 52
Not sure we need this.. this looks more like events for huge groups, not a bunch of folks going to do an off road trip...

I am in!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom