Builds Moe Green - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great. Are you going to replace the charcoal canister or just let those lines vent where they are?

It’s really not needed. I’ve gone back and forth with them, mainly on Sniper setups and just letting the system vent to atmosphere seems to work just fine.

Finished up the Tie Rod and drag links. Grabbed me a 1/8” of toe.
8BF81E45-E2F8-4B78-8A20-951C69156B9E.jpeg
B397ADE0-D350-486B-AA19-9F70C865F8AD.jpeg

Added a new Dobinsons stabilizer

ACC17EB3-A6ED-4C51-889D-C06B061B0A74.jpeg

Then I sprayed a nice thin coat of Fluid Film and stuck the skid plate back on
CA12494C-DD06-4766-B0EF-06D3762554F4.jpeg
6E6DE499-2327-4F77-83AE-4B0764045B03.jpeg

I determined that the vacuum advance on the in-Cruiser was advancing under vacuum the same as the new one I have here so it’s the carburetor.

What’s crazy is, if I did not know better and just read the internets about driving FJ40s I would think this thing drove perfectly.

Mosley Sniper kit inbound.

This is why I can’t be in the Cruiser flipping business……

Sniper work on F motor or Howell the answer?

And I don't need a SA answer, Why, at full droop, are the shackle angles and spring position different on the front in the stabilizer pic ?

I was going to ask if it's an illusion or is there a front and rear shackle swapped

Any idea what color powder they used for the valve cover? Very solid build…

And I don't need a SA answer, Why, at full droop, are the shackle angles and spring position different on the front in the stabilizer pic ?

Dunno. I noticed that too. I’ll measure them and see if I have the same size shackles

Sniper work on F motor or Howell the answer?
I run a Sniper on an F. No experience with Howell but my Sniper is great.

Thanks guys. The Mosley site doesn’t seem to mention the F motor with the Sniper (I might have missed it) but the Howell mentions the F but not the 2F

I emailed Mosley and they confirmed it will work. Should be good. Thanks

Looks like driver front is a 1/2" shorter shackle, maybe an attempt at solving "Cruiser lean " ? or that spring keeper on the pass side is just a bit to tight, thats prolly what it is.

I was going to ask if it's an illusion or is there a front and rear shackle swapped

I’ve done so many Dobinsons the last 2 years and all the shackles are the same size eye to eye.

Glad your eye is better than mine. This was the case. I had a rear in the front and a front on the rear.

All better now. Mud is awesome.

5E272844-4804-4939-9E15-7F4C3600B8A8.jpeg

I’ve done so many Dobinsons the last 2 years and all the shackles are the same size eye to eye.

Glad your eye is better than mine. This was the case. I had a rear in the front and a front on the rear.

All better now. Mud is awesome.
Fresh on my mind. one of my interns did the same thing on a 60 a few weeks ago.

Blame it on Cowboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom