Modified Kaymar Rear Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reedo311

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone built a swing out tire and high-lift carrier for a kaymar rear bumper? I know that they make a special one designed for it but $400 seems a little steep and I don't like the design very much. I noticed that there are hole on both sides of the bumper for a spindle. What would you use for a spindle and also a latch. If any one has done anything like this please post pics. Thanks.

Why not just build the whole bumper???
seats 003.jpg

Yeah, I agree, I've never been a big fan of the Kaymar. Good quality, just not very good looking.
last known shot.jpg

Ole Ex shure has one trick rig doesnt he.

Here is the rear end of my truck. Kaymar isnt available anymore for the 60 series anyway! I got one of the last ones. What bumper IS that anyway Ex?

Sorry for stealing your color. :doh:

Tom

picture.JPG

HZJ60 Guy said:
Ole Ex shure has one trick rig doesnt he.

Here is the rear end of my truck. Kaymar isnt available anymore for the 60 series anyway! I got one of the last ones. What bumper IS that anyway Ex?

Sorry for stealing your color. :doh:

Tom

picture.JPG

No problem, bro, they won't be the same color for long, few more weeks tops! :)

Youre not going retro on me are you?

How about British Racing Green?

British Racing Green would be cool, but it would be a little dark, it would burn up here in TX....

Oh that's right. You're in that BIG state that takes fornever to cross. 125 degrees one day, 30 degrees the next.

Oh brother. My borther lived at Ft. Hood for some time.

Not the tire carrier but,
I modified mine. :D
p6200481.jpg

Hey ole PJ's got a pretty trick rig too. And the things been everywhere too.

TB

VTCruiser said:
what bumper is that exiled? 4-plus?

i liked the ladder/tire 4-plus bumper from maf but i guess it is being "redesigned"...

Looks to me like cal and ex both have customs--that's the way I'm going to go...once I have the welder....and the skills. :cheers:

Mine is second generation custom...firts one failed so I redesigned it...much ahppier and I cut the ladder off when I sold my roof rack...

Exiled is an older version that he bought from Dave Gore/ 4plus guy...

Mine's a prototype for the 4+ stuff, from before there was even a production model available. I incorporated some features that fit my already modified Cruiser, and I've added to it. It's been on there about 6 years now, love the way it turned out. Mine's THIRD generation on there, I had a couple of pretty cheesy bumpers on there to begin with, sort of learning experiences.

Can you guys vector us to where those bumpers are available now???

Tom

Henry, have any more pics, is it square tube?

I built a 60 series bumper last week for a guy, looked alot like the Kaymar, but much lighter construction. Not sure it would take rock bashing as it was 3/16 wall, we recessed the hooks into the bumper, bit of work but worth it IMO.

We also ran the reciever through the tube like the Kaymar, nothing hangin low on it at all.

Rob

HZJ60 Guy said:
Can you guys vector us to where those bumpers are available now???Tom

Not really a production item, but Ken Hanna, HannaQuality Motorsports, is building some very nice bumpers. Checkout his 80 Series bumpers for the latest in tire and fuel carriers. I'm sure the "attachments" can be added to his 60 Series bumpers. This is an early version with side bars (no quarter panel trimming required), the owner didn't want a tire or can carrier. Simple, great departure angle.

More pics HERE
5.gif

80 Series: (Up swept dimple died triple can holder :cool: )
fj80bumpnewbig.gif

Thanks James.

TB

Radd Cruisers said:
Henry, have any more pics, is it square tube?

I built a 60 series bumper last week for a guy, looked alot like the Kaymar, but much lighter construction. Not sure it would take rock bashing as it was 3/16 wall, we recessed the hooks into the bumper, bit of work but worth it IMO.

We also ran the reciever through the tube like the Kaymar, nothing hangin low on it at all.

Rob

Below are some more pictures.
latch1.JPG
add on.jpg
rockerangle small.jpg

three more
pivotpnt small.jpg
rrbmpr1 small.jpg
sidebar2 small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom