Modification level to fit 80 series bumper to the 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious for those that have toyed with this idea or if anyone has modified one to fit. I have seen some threads of guys going fitting a 105 to an 80. From the few pics I have seen it appears to be close for fit/finish.

I have a lead on an aftermarket 80 series bumper for a great price but wondering if simply buying a 4x8 sheet of 3/16 and fabbing my own is better time spent? Specially referring to ones like ARB, TJM, Slee and so on; not the OEM bumper.

Is the overall width/height of these bumpers pretty close between the 80/100 series? I get the bolt holes and mounting tabs wouldn't align and that's where some fabrication comes into play. I'm fine with that, but more so looking at overall time spent creating one from scratch vs working from an existing platform that hopefully is close.

Any thoughts to those that have knowledge between the two vehicles.

Thanks!

105 shares its frame with 80 series so I imagine the bumpers would mount up with little change.
100 series is a totally different beast and I doubt you will be able to easily modify a 80 series bumper to fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom