modern wheel donors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mikes thread on 16" wheels got me thinking about possible wheel donors. Has anyone had any luck with take off rims from modern vehicles? How bout' a source that lists pattern and backspacing for modern trucks? It seems like it's all about the Bling Bling down here and I'm seeing loads of 16+" six lug take-offs for giveaway prices from titans- chevys etc etc. How bout' it?

Michael

IIRC the chevy's have too small of a hub.

Some of the Tacos come with the proper bolt pattern but not backspacing but you could always do the spacer thing...

I have been running chevy 6 bolt rims on my trucks for about 15 years now with no problems at all.

HTH

krzyabncanuck said:
I have been running chevy 6 bolt rims on my trucks for about 15 years now with no problems at all.

HTH

And, could you tell me please, what year or approximate vintage might these Chevy 6-bolt rims be?

I think you need older Chevy wheels. I tried to rob the steelies off of my dad suburban (1985)... The center hole for the hub was too small... imagine my dissappointment, two trucks on jackstands and the tires wouldn't swap over..

Chris

TheGr8Doughboy said:
I think you need older Chevy wheels. I tried to rob the steelies off of my dad suburban (1985)... The center hole for the hub was too small... imagine my dissappointment, two trucks on jackstands and the tires wouldn't swap over..

Chris

And thats what I was thinking, the pilot hole on newer chevys was TOO small to fit the Toyota hub. I have thought about taking 'em and having a shop make the center hole bigger and cut the shell out and reweld to be the correct backspacing. But of course now with quality spacers around I could work around them that way.

Do you know if they are 16X7 or 16X8s?

stinkyfj60 said:
And thats what I was thinking, the pilot hole on newer chevys was TOO small to fit the Toyota hub. I have thought about taking 'em and having a shop make the center hole bigger and cut the shell out and reweld to be the correct backspacing. But of course now with quality spacers around I could work around them that way.

Do you know if they are 16X7 or 16X8s?

Sounds like a good idea... and i don't know wheel size.

Chris

Chevy wheels are marked with the size, I think it is coded but that can be figured out. Numbers stamped in the steel rim on the crub side. My 3/4 ton GMC wheels are stamped, they are 8 bolt of course so not in contention for any thing but the GMC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom