moded 93 LC or stock lexus lx450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 lexus lx450 with 150kmi on it.Just bought it 4 months ago.I'm planning to built it when suddenly I found a 93 LC that is already moded/built.He's selling it for 9.5k.The truck is in perfect condition except the interior seats..with ARB front(with 8000lb winch) and rear bumpers with swing spare tire(w/o spare)..3.5 to 4" OME J-lift HD lift.BIRF done recently.PHH done..new valve cover gasket..new 33" Cooper Discover tire..electronic rust inhibitor installed etc.He got the truck from arkansa(paid for importing $1700). Is the price reasonable?or I will just build my own?I think to build like this will drain ur wallet(hehehe),since I don't live in a place where u can buy all this equipments right away.I'm planning to sell my truck and buy this one or straight trade.What do u think?

If that's the one for sale in TO, I was also thinking about it?

Sounds like the 93 has a lot already done but then again the 97 has a better fuel management system. Tough call, if the 93 is "exactly" what you planned on doing with the 97 maybe a good move. If you get the 93 and want to change things maybe not. Ultimately your decision but a lot to consider.

Does the 93 have the paperwork for the "recent" work done to show what was replaced or just the word of the seller?

For that price you could build your 97 and set it up the same and get bigger tires (all 5) but again a lot of work ahead.

For me, it would depend on which was objectively in better shape.

but 3X on build your own....nobody knows what you want better than you plus there is a sense of security in knowing exactly all the details of the work done to your rig. The more knowledge you have about your truck, the less guesswork/analysis is needed.

Once you buy what you "think" you want and wheel it then your mind starts thinking differently. I bought what I thought I wanted and changed everything in the end.

If youre looking at it from a strictly financial standpoint buying a modded vehicle will most always win out. Just add up the coin it would take to get your lex to where you want it, including the purchase price, then go from there.

While building something is half the fun, buying something built RIGHT from someone TRUSTWORTHY will always be cheaper.

A perfect example would be my Tacoma. Including the original (used) purchase price of 24k Im up to about 36-37 with all the mod money Ive sunk into it over the last 8 years. Roughly 3 years ago I was on the verge of buying Jason Demellos ext cab tacoma which was sassed, coiled, caged ect.. I could have had it delivered from cali to toronto (canada) and the final tally would have been 23k... So at 36k invested my tac is nowhere near as built as jasons was (and never will be) even though I had the satisfaction of doing all those costly mods.

If you have tha ability to build your own stuff and enjoy doing it then it may be a different story. For the average person who shops online and bolts stuff on buying built is smarter.

Just something to think about.

D

1. Cost of the parts to mod your LX $$$$$
2. Cost of doing all the mods yourself: Priceless
Keep your truck and mod it yourself that is where all the fun is.
Anyone can go out and buy a modded truck.

If youre looking at it from a strictly financial standpoint buying a modded vehicle will most always win out. Just add up the coin it would take to get your lex to where you want it, including the purchase price, then go from there.

While building something is half the fun, buying something built RIGHT from someone TRUSTWORTHY will always be cheaper.

A perfect example would be my Tacoma. Including the original (used) purchase price of 24k Im up to about 36-37 with all the mod money Ive sunk into it over the last 8 years. Roughly 3 years ago I was on the verge of buying Jason Demellos ext cab tacoma which was sassed, coiled, caged ect.. I could have had it delivered from cali to toronto (canada) and the final tally would have been 23k... So at 36k invested my tac is nowhere near as built as jasons was (and never will be) even though I had the satisfaction of doing all those costly mods.

If you have tha ability to build your own stuff and enjoy doing it then it may be a different story. For the average person who shops online and bolts stuff on buying built is smarter.

D

While I agree with most of this on paper....

What is knowing exactly what was done worth?

Whenever you do something yourself, you not only know exactly what was done, you learn something you may not have known....either learning how the truck works, or how the mod effects it. Depending on how thorough you are...you can learn a lot about your truck specifically and about vehicles in general...and that knowledge could be priceless if you break out in the boonies or if you have a mechanic trying to take advantage of you...etc.

While I agree with most of this on paper....

What is knowing exactly what was done worth?

Whenever you do something yourself, you not only know exactly what was done, you learn something you may not have known....either learning how the truck works, or how the mod effects it. Depending on how thorough you are...you can learn a lot about your truck specifically and about vehicles in general...and that knowledge could be priceless if you break out in the boonies or if you have a mechanic trying to take advantage of you...etc.

It's also good to do mods one at a time so you can see how each affect the truck individually. Example: If you install a lift, new tires and armor all at once, you'll have a much harder time isolating the cause of the wander you're now experiencing.

Most of it comes down to what you want. If you don't enjoy the process of modding the truck yourself, just buy one that's already built.

I really enjoy doin something on my truck.But,we're only neighbors and all the equipments should be ordered in ur blessed country.I feel that we're in a different planet.It's true,buying modded truck is a lot more cheaper than to build one..which is a mental torture.Anyway,acquaring knowledge in building one is priceless!but..u must pay the price first..reaping ur wallet.:crybaby:.hehhe

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom