Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overland-cruisers.co.uk
Hi,

I am seriously struggling to find any decent wheel bearing grease over here in the UK, and even a Mobil dealer cannot find any reference to Mobil 1 synthetic.

Could someone here that uses it let me know a part number or product code so that I can get back to the supplier.

Thanks in advance.https://forum.ih8mud.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=9#
cheers

I would just use what is commonly available from well known suppliers that is of appropriate grade as specified by the vehicle manufacturer. Its not worth fussing over getting a specific brand.

elmariachi said:
Mobil part number is 53201-0.

Found that at www.mobil.com :flipoff2:

Thanks. I looked on the UK site, but it's not listed and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent.

We don't seem to get the wide range over here that you guys in the US do.

Last edited:
I went to the garage to get an unopened tub and the bar code number is 71924 96103 if that helps. There's no part number on it anywhere at all though one number near the address for assistance is M-2883-YP.

I do recall that there's a very highly regarded birf/bearing grease on your side of the pond that was discussed on the 80s Cool list. Get on that list and ask Norm to recommend one. He's in Australia, but c'mon - it's all the same if you're not in the US, right?? Heh. Valvoline somethingPlex if I recall.

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
I went to the garage to get an unopened tub and the bar code number is 71924 96103 if that helps. There's no part number on it anywhere at all though one number near the address for assistance is M-2883-YP.

Thnks Doug, I'll try that along with the other info with the distributor to see what he can come up with.

IdahoDoug said:
I do recall that there's a very highly regarded birf/bearing grease on your side of the pond that was discussed on the 80s Cool list. Get on that list and ask Norm to recommend one. He's in Australia, but c'mon - it's all the same if you're not in the US, right?? Heh. Valvoline somethingPlex if I recall.

OK, will check the archives to see what I can find.

Was just in a bit of a panic yesteday, had a long list of things to get for an LC I'm working on and was drawing a complete blank for a number of key items. Unlike the females of the species I am not a fan of shopping so the situation is made worse when I cannot find what I want https://forum.ih8mud.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=561585#
Crybaby

DougM

Valplex. Could it be Valvoline Valplex EP??

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom