Mobil-1, 0W20 Difference?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by meatloaf, Dec 30, 2014.

1. meatloaf

meatloaf

Is there a difference in these two oils? other than labeling?

Green label bought at Oreilly's & states Advanced fuel performance
    Golden label bought at Walmart & states extended performance

Thanks,
    ML

Attached Files:

• oil.jpg
      oil.jpg
      File size:
      169.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Estancio

Estancio

Don't know, but when I have had questions in the past, Mobil was good about responding directly to me.
    Suggest you take your question to them…. https://mobiloil.com/en/contact-us

3. meatloaf

meatloaf

Thanks Estancio, here is the reply, in yellow, from Mobil oil...

Luis, The advanced fuel economy helps you save about 2% on your fuel and can go 10,000 miles. The Extended Performance is a more robust oil and has 50% more base stock, also a propitiatory on pao oil, and super antiwear package which is our best oil and goes 15,000 miles. -Mauricio

On 1/8/2015 2:36 PM, luis.dominguez@spansion.com wrote:
    The following inquiry was sent through: ExxonMobilBrand: ExxonMobilFirst Name: LuisLast Name: Dominguez:
    Greetings Mobil,
    I have a question regarding Mobil-1 0W20 oil to be used on my 2011 FJ Cruiser on which I do my own oil changes. On my previous oil changes, I was buying the one gallon jugs at Autozone or Oreillys and the latest one I bought was a Walmart. The labels are different I wish I could attach a picture. The jugs purchased at autoparts stores mentioned have a green background label with the statement across it saying Advanced Fuel Economy along with the recommened vehicle use. The jug purchased at Walmart has a light brown label which states Extended Performance, 15,000 Miles of Guaranteed Performance. Is the product the same? Just different labels? Should I use one over the other for my 50,000 mile FJ Cruiser?

Thanks you in advance for your time.
    Best Regards,
    Luis M. Dominguez

4. meatloaf

meatloaf

I guess from now on I'll use the brown label stuff from Walmart for better engine protection & in case I go over the recommened oil change intervals.

5. Estancio

Estancio

Thanks for posting the response from Mobil!

6. BigSwede

BigSwede

I was just at WalMart today buying oil. The 5 quart jug of Extended Performance (brown) was only $2 more than the Advanced Fuel Economy. Probably worth the extra 40 cents per quart.

7. Paul Juhnke

Paul Juhnke

According to 540 RAT at MOTOR OIL ENGINEERING TEST DATA

The brown bottle Mobil 1 Extended Performance tested at 100,229 psi OUTSTANDING wear protection.

The green bottle Mobil 1 Advance Fuel Economy tested at 79,612 psi GOOD wear protection.

8. firensteel

firensteel

What are you guys paying per quart for 0-20W synthetic, if you dont mind me asking.

9. Prairie Swamp

Prairie Swamp

Media:
    Albums:
    Around here a 5 quart jug at WalMart is usually about $25 but it can vary up or down a dollar.

10. crashn

crashn

AMSOIL is way better than any Mobil 1 product. 25,000 miles or one year on Amsoil. Use amsoil in the tranny and love the smoother shifts.

11. firensteel

firensteel

That is interesting. I like Kendall GT-1 0W-20 that I get online for $5/qt and free shipping when I buy a case of 12 quarts. Seems like a good oil. I have a mental block at going over 10k on a change so I usually change the oil and filter at less than 10k ( last weekend was 9400) Toyota recommend 10k changes on their filters and those are $50 for a case of ten. I work with guys who swear by Royal Purple but that is $10/qt!!!!
    I am not cheap and my mantra is "you get what you pay for" but I am not paying $10/qt when other products meet the criteria.

Nostradamus likes this.
  12. crashn

crashn

52,000 on Amsoil & Wix filters. U got to love it.

13. firensteel

firensteel

Oh, i used to use Wix filters on my chevys of years ago every once in a while , a very average spin-on. AC-Delco make a larger and better filter.Wont touch either anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.