Mobi-Arc in my 55 saves the day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IPOR

IronPigOffroad.com
Threads
Website
ironpigoffroad.com
Had a steering gear (saginaw) tear off of the frame of one of the trucks in our group on our GSMTR trip last week. (Actually it happend at Winrock on a trail called 'Rattler', those familiar with it will understand - big rocks, everywhere...)

Fortunately we had just put a mobi-weld into the 55 as a last minute install right before the trip. It was a used unit that was no longer working. I found the regulator had a broken brush and was able to get a replacement on the last day right before we left.

I have to say how impressed I am with Scott at Mobi-Arc for his excellent customer service. Not only did he return my calls promptly (even one day when he was out of the office) but was able to help direct me to a .pdf with install instructions and even emailed me a .jpg showing a regulator modification necessary for the piggyback installation mode.

I've owned a mobi-weld before, so I wasn't suprised by how well it worked. After years of suffering with only a "ready welder" for my trail welding needs I am thrilled to have a mobi weld again. Far quicker and easier to setup and use. We ran the mobi weld long enough that if we had been using a ready welder we would have killed every battery in the group. The new Mobi Arc unit even uses more advanced electronics than my older mobi-weld. I will most definitely be putting one on my FZJ40 project.

Thanks Scott, for making it possible.

Lance
Iron Pig Off Road : Toyota 4WD experts

You just love to hear stories like this. I am a huge fan of great customer service. It makes me want to buy stuff from these guys even if I don't need it. Glad you got it fixed too. You never can be too prepared!v

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom